Fortitude Tonic and Burn Salves

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Fortitude Tonic and Burn Salves

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:51 am

Too bad Martyr wraps and Witchalock pendants will still be pushing out our good items. What a shame...

So at level 1 it spawns a witch hut. Level 2 it spawns 2 witch huts. Level 3 just gives you access to beast potions.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:09 am

I'd be also happy if the potion shop prep was changed so that it blocked potions from appearing in the shops at all.
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:29 pm

Instead of apothecary? That sounds much better than more potions.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:03 am

Village Well: The demon shop lord Bezar drinks your town well dry. Without any water leftover, Bezar is unable to stock potions on the shelves.
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby Lujo on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:02 am

I'd rather they fix it in code. Having a prep who's only purpose is to disable content is incredibly silly and humiliating to whoever came up with said content. And it would add costs to any run -.-'
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Halion on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:22 am

These items are added to shops as a very specific consequence of questing, in a questline that one typically does because of desirable later rewards, (or because you're completing quests as part of playing the game, but honestly, are you playing for fun, or something?).

If those quests, instead of adding Fortitude Tonic and Burn Salve to shops, instead changed the current Health/Mana Potion shops to sell the Tonic/Salve as a bonus (ie: if you buy a Health Potion you get a free Fortitude Tonic), they would be much less awkward. The reward would seem worth unlocking, yet at the same time, it is only strengthening what is currently a low powered shop spawn.
Halion

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:03 pm

I think giving the burn and fort potions away for free is going too far. I'd rather that the shop give you a choice between buying a health or fortitude potion (or alternatively, a mana potion versus a burn salve). This emphasizes player choice without limiting previously available options.
Sidestepper

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:48 am

I would basically never buy a fortitude or burn salve then. Health or mana are better at removing their appropriate condition, and 3 weakness/corrosion I either can totally avoid, or have too much to matter.
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:23 am

It's nice to be able to kill the occasional naga if you need to level up.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:11 pm

This still isn't fixed?

Well, at least Monk can't walk all over everything anymore (that easily), but throwing us a bone with caster buffs (some quite unreasonably powerful), and keeing mediocre potions shopcloggers - I'm quite dissapointed.

Next update I hope...
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons