[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Unofficial Balance Suggestions Thread

Unofficial Balance Suggestions Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Unofficial Balance Suggestions Thread

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:21 pm

Nice list!

Item Balance
----------------------
Piercing wand: lower both physical and magical resist
Martyr Wraps: Start with 5 corrosion it lower physical resist by 3% per hit. Cannot go negative.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Gorgon on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:32 pm

Mystera: reduce double-edge a little, lower cost for magic and weakening.

Piercing wand: buff mystera's refreshment

Orc: Nerf sensation stone to 150 cp. I wouldn't like it to be unlockerable, because the only reason I use the goblin is to level up early, saving lvl 1 enemies.

Martyr wraps: add weakening
Gorgon

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:38 pm

Weakening is too good at low levels, but is too bad at high levels (excluding bosses like SMM or vicious Indomitable.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:33 pm

gjaustin

Postby Gorgon on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:01 pm

Vampire: lower cp to 30

Dwarf: 70 cp, stacking HP. I like q3's idea.

Elf: 65 cp

Orc: if the sensation stone nerf is not enough, increase cp to 125

Animated armour: decrease attack and hp a little.

Binlor: make stone skin decrease 2 per hit, lower required walls per boon.
Gorgon

Postby Lujo on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:02 pm

Well, I would have "discovered" them earlier if the tooltip was more clear about what they do. The catch is that they only give first strike on the first of the two attacks, and you need the dodge setup to get a better cydstep out of them.

The effort required is just about right for them being balanced slightly above the curve, and they make quite good preps for hard hitters and anyone trying to avoid debuffs. They also make a great way to deal with glass cannon bosses, so I'm deffinitely using them on gold acquisition tinker runs, and getting 2 "free" hits in when you have enough damage is quite the deal - I've discovered them against the final boss in Dragon isles. The old genie boss, any major berserking bosses, and some of the guys in the demonic libraby also make good targets I guess.

Come to think of it, the only place one pair of them isn't a good idea is against damage sponges, and since you can prep them, you don't even have to "waste" a HP potion on them, or need to find TT.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:30 pm

New suggestions based on the latest patch:

Mystera - Mana Leak is a teeny bit too good. It probably shouldn't reduce the cost of any glyph below 2.

Crystal Ball - Also a teeny bit too good. The best fix would probably be to have it only add a charge if the glyph costs at least 3. Alternatively a charge cap (maybe 10) would make it a little weaker and also more fun - since you wouldn't have to run around spamming spells to charge it up as much.
gjaustin

Postby Halion on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:38 pm

Halion

Postby Gorgon on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:46 pm

JJ Boost Mana/Health: I wonder how good it would be if it gave 1 mana/health potion in exchange for 2 MP/15 HP...
Gorgon

Postby Fran on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:14 pm

Fran

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons