Unlocking "stuff"

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Unlocking "stuff"

Postby xspeedballx on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:16 pm

I completed beginner's brigade and don't have it. I also don't have all classes. That isn't looking good.
xspeedballx

Postby Lujo on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:23 pm

Hmmm, I don't really want to complete the beginners brigade - the new zombie dog has made me find uses for the "Impossibly-in-need-of-buffs-formerly-known-as-cursed-blue-bead-of-shop-and-quest-item-prep-defiling-underwhelmingness-with-a-rare-shining-moment-of-redemption".

I AM, however, going to unlock the warlord, as I'm looking into dwarven and orcih rogues this time, giving non gnome warlords a shot as well as maybe branching out into Bloodmages later on if nobody loudmouthed enough confirms publicly that he is indeed broken. I would love having Hero's Helm, if his old stats are unchanged, and possibly even if they are.

I really, hope it's not the Realm's Finest :(

It could be the warlord though, I haven't seen it last time around, and I think the quest was about comleting stuff with all warrior classes.
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:26 pm

The quest is only unlocked if you get all the classes.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Halion on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:46 pm

Lujo wrote:I really, hope it's not the Realm's Finest :(

Realm's Finest unlocks Doubledoom.
Halion

Postby gjaustin on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:50 pm

Lujo wrote:Hmmm, I don't really want to complete the beginners brigade - the new zombie dog has made me find uses for the "Impossibly-in-need-of-buffs-formerly-known-as-cursed-blue-bead-of-shop-and-quest-item-prep-defiling-underwhelmingness-with-a-rare-shining-moment-of-redemption".

I AM, however, going to unlock the warlord, as I'm looking into dwarven and orcih rogues this time, giving non gnome warlords a shot as well as maybe branching out into Bloodmages later on if nobody loudmouthed enough confirms publicly that he is indeed broken. I would love having Hero's Helm, if his old stats are unchanged, and possibly even if they are.

I really, hope it's not the Realm's Finest :(

It could be the warlord though, I haven't seen it last time around, and I think the quest was about comleting stuff with all warrior classes.

I'd say that the Crystal Ball is good enough that its worth unlocking the Zombie Dog to get to it. ESPECIALLY if you want to break the Bloodmage.
gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:22 am

gjaustin wrote:I'd say that the Crystal Ball is good enough that its worth unlocking the Zombie Dog to get to it. ESPECIALLY if you want to break the Bloodmage.

True, might even be necessary, but someone will eventually break the bloodmage anyway, and crystall ball doesn't really need testing - I've seen it allow me things in Gaan'Telet that a Paladin just shouldn't be able to do. And I have yet to find a way to get any worthwhile use out of the dog (took a while for the bead too), and I'm going for really tight shops this time.

But I really want to get personal, if not public, proof of 2 things, 1 - cydstep is still viable, and powerful without Dracul shannanigans, and 2 - Bloodmage was busted even without mysteria and crystal ball (possibly). So as soon as people get fed up with PISORFF wizards, and move on to the bloodmage, I'd have some data on that.
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:41 am

On topic: I can confirm the Witch - since the last update I've found her twice in the Halls of Steel, the hard ones.
Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:43 am

The health penalty on mana potions was what was keeping the Bloodmage in line before. It's hard to say how much better he is now without it.
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:46 am

Other than the fact that JJ Gnome Bloodmages Rip apart all reasonable levels. And some unreasonable ones. (Possibly even the vicious Halls of steel with a Conversion stone and a Keg of Mana. Especially since you start with BLUDTUPOWA)
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:47 am

gjaustin wrote:The health penalty on mana potions was what was keeping the Bloodmage in line before. It's hard to say how much better he is now without it.

My point exactly :) And q3's if anyone payed attention ^^

Also, should the "where to find X subdungeon" for location specific ones be moved here?
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons