[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Here be goats!

Here be goats!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Here be goats!

Postby harfatum on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:06 am

Fullscreen looks kind of nasty IMO. I know that some of the pixelation and artifacts are just as a result of scaling the fixed-resolution game window up, but there are also some one-pixel lines between tiles and such.
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby Stepwise Regression on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:17 am

Stepwise Regression

Postby dislekcia on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:11 pm

Could someone please take a screenshot of the blurry text so that we can confirm whether the fonts are being rendered correctly? On our side everything looks a lot crisper and smoother (if slightly smaller), so we're rather baffled at the changes some of you are reporting.

I'm pretty sure that the click area issue is a Unity plugin problem. It's been reported to Unity before, so if any of you are still having the problem AND haven't upgraded your Unity plugin in a while, maybe an update will help?
dislekcia

Postby FDru on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:41 pm

This is at 1152 x 864.

Also, you can see the lowest clickable area of the button at the top... that problem still exists with the most recent version of the Unity plugin.

edit: just noticed the cursor didn't make it into the screenshot, but it's right about where the top of the Humans/Guild boxes are.
FDru

Postby Elwinbu on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:09 pm

Hey all, I'm new here.

just wanted to say that I also have the exact same problem as it appears in the screenshot FDru posted. game looks pretty terrible using full-screen. windowed is fine.
Elwinbu

Postby Halion on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:21 pm

Halion

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:33 pm

Thanks, I never play that dungeon if I can avoid it so I didn't know.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:25 am

Has anyone else found the new Ice Troll subdungeon with PISORFF in the berserker camp yet? I found it, even figured out a way to push the troll back, but I was only on a witch scumming run with a tinker, and didn't want to bother lvling, and ENDISWAL didn't spawn.

What is the reward for it, does anyone know?

Also, the new ENDISWAL is quite nice with Dvarven rogues. Not too powerful, but I definitely feel it if I don't find it in a dungeon.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:28 am

I simply pushed the troll with a monk...
The reward is a PISORF glyph.

On another note has anyone escaped the Draco Heart subdungeon? I got killed. It said something about giving exp to the owner or something. Or does it work like a normal troll heart?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:30 am

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons