[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Here be goats!

Here be goats!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Here be goats!

Postby q 3 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:04 am

The new text style is really bothering me. The dungeon display seems to be fuzzier and/or smaller than I remember, too, but it could just be the text making me squint.

Badges are now counted out of 11 - there used to only be 10, but they were previously counted out of 15. Does this mean there's a new badge available?
q 3

Postby gjaustin on Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:23 am

Ok, time to start a profile of Paladin + Mystera + Crystal Ball + (Optional) RBS

I'll let everyone know how it goes.
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:26 am

That sounds great! Elf Paladin's with that would be great! The first (pre-saved) charge is a refill, then the next is half nana and then quarter, etc.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby xspeedballx on Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:08 am

Realistically you can just use it as a -1 mana for all spell casts after the fact all the time. Use it as a nice recovery tool for mana burn as well. Thankfully it does not work for MA wizards because that would be completely degenerate.
xspeedballx

Postby gjaustin on Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:25 am

Zombie Dog looks to be from Beginner Brigade - the one where you beat the dungeon with all the tier 1 classes
gjaustin

Postby q 3 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:59 am

A Wizard with Mana Leak can cast both BICEPS and LEMMISI for free. (Even while mana burned.) A Wizard with Mana Leak and both BLUDTOPOWA and HALPMEH can regenerate 60 HP per tile - and can do so using LEMMISI because LEMMISI is, again, free. (And, of course, BICEPS for a permanent +30% damage boost and pierce resists.) You might think this is excessive use of italics, but I assure you it is not. If anything, it is insufficient use of italics. If I had the time and energy to actually go through with a limited unlock profile I would go beat all the vicious dungeons Purist, but I don't, so just assume that I did and fix it already. ;)

Another, more subtle change - Warlords get the pierce resist bonus from quaffing mana potions, since their class ability is literally the same thing as the BICEPS "Might" effect. That's kind of a buff to Warlords, I suppose, but it's also kind of a wash because Warlords don't benefit as much from 1 MP BICEPS because it doesn't stack with the potion effect.

I'll also note that I'm a tiny bit annoyed at Mystera's on worship effect being apparently piety based on spells already cast - that means optimal play now means spamming glyphs all the time while you explore just in case you find her altar, otherwise you're wasting tiles that could become piety.
q 3

Postby Halion on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:22 am

Halion

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:26 am

Yeah, I just got them both. I haven't found the transmuter in my most recent file so I can't find the rock heart. Anyone know where he's found?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:20 am

First thoughts on the 1 mp HALPMEH Paladin (aka Mana Leak + Crystal Ball) - Wow!

I just beat Hexx Ruins using 1 potion first try, despite still being stuck at level 1 Bazaar and level 1 Bank. The only reason I had to use the potion was that almost all the high level enemies were Wraiths so I had to fight the first boss (Firstborn) at level 7. If he hadn't been a magic damage boss, I wouldn't have had to use a potion to finish him off.

If I wanted to put the effort into finding Pactmaker three times on this profile (Body Pact) I think it would be pretty much unstoppable.
gjaustin

Postby gjaustin on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:32 am

Oh, and some thoughts on race selection.

I used Elf, but I'm thinking Human might be optimal. You end up with a lot of piety left over, so you can afford to buy the extra mana boon. To compensate for the physical resists that adds, RBS might be the correct Blacksmith preparation. The 2 attack -> 2 mana prep may work very well too.

Also, Human lets you take the -50% damage -> +1 fireball boon without completely destroying your damage. Not that I'd recommend that in most situations, but I'm sure it'll come up every so often.
gjaustin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons