[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Here be goats!

Here be goats!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Here be goats!

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:39 pm

That's why I'm glad I haven't done any quests on my new profile.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Fullburn on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:45 pm

Text is not "blurrier" - it looks fine at the standard resolution. When going full screen, the text is majorly aliased and almost unreadable. To me, the problem seems to be that it actually needs blurring when scaled in order to be cleanly visible. Or more precisely, it needs this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleartype
Fullburn

Postby Fullburn on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:06 pm

Seems to have introduced a problem where, after casting any spell, "Next hit" is never updated until you mouse away and back onto the targeted monster. For instance, cast fireball on a boss. Outcome says "Safe" - mouse away, mouse back - "Death". This is true for me for all spells, monsters, characters and dungeons tested and really began today.
Fullburn

Postby gjaustin on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:11 pm

Crystal Ball will appear in shops if you've already completed the quest. I just verified this on an existing profile.

I also saw Zombie Dog in a shop. It gives you 30% bonus damage on your next attack and turns the enemy into an undead (and costs 1 gold).

Edit: I like the new class display on the Victory scren where it shows you what you've beaten it with. It would be nice if the Badges did the same thing.
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:57 pm

But what quest?????

Also, why would you want to make it undead (Excluding Priests)? That means no poison....
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby joek0 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:40 am

I have noticed that some of the monster stats have changed. This is making high level kills harder.
joek0

Postby Darvin on Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:54 am

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:06 am

Great, another thing to clutter up Vicious runs...

Also, it is now possible to be invincible/unstoppable as a wizard. Rock Heart+Mana Leak+ENDISWALL= Bye Bye, Namtar.

The Avatar

Postby TigerKnee on Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:28 am

Pretty huge changes.

Don't know how I feel about the Monk's change. What, now they're reverse Berserkers, but with a huge attack penalty instead of bonus?

So MA has returned to being a usable god. Except she still benefits Halpmeh users and not magic users. Uh...

Medusas seem like they can finally be something that isn't a free level boost, but I absolutely hate mana burn monsters. Bandits just sound overly brutal to anyone playing a resistance game. I wouldn't mind if like those special golems they were limited to special dungeons but bandits are common so eww.

Edit: Wait, I got confused. So the normal monsters in most dungeons are "Gorgons", Medusa is the boss right?

In fact since you can't "heal" lost resistances (compared to Corrosion/Weaken) I say high level bandits are pretty much unkillable for those classes.
TigerKnee

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:58 am

Yeah, I hate the new bandits... Their boss has reduce 100%.

They should be corrosive. There is only one monster, other than plants, that are corrosive. And that monster is only in the slime pits.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons