[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Here be goats!

Here be goats!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Here be goats!

Postby flap on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:11 am

Though, going one step away from figures, but one further into background,it would pretty twisted that someone whose target is to kill zombie, creates them... There should be some drawbacks.
flap

Postby jms on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:09 pm

I would like to tell something about fights. When you fighting in DD there is almost only a math which decides you'll win or not. There should be some random stuff during fight as well to do it more exciting. I suggest that every 5-10 standard hits there should be a random SPECIAL hit done by monsters or a hero. Something like: CRITICAL hit (instantly kill a monster by you or leave you with 1 energy when monster hits you), MISS (you don't take any damage and so monsters not) and WEAK hit ( you losing just some % of base damage ;monsters as well when you weak hit it).
This is the idea. Please check it out. I hope it can help to improve this awesome game :). And sorry for my english (i am not english).Regards.
jms

Postby q 3 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:26 am

Creepy. All that's in that subdungeon are a few gold piles, and there seem to be several more very similar with different texts, although I've never gotten one of them while also having ENDISWAL or WONAFYT (which seem like the only glyphs that might possibly be able to trigger any secret effects, assuming there are any, in which case I'll just once again note that I really don't like it when some special feature or part of a dungeon is completely inaccessible for reasons that are both utterly arbitrary and completely outside the player's control).
q 3

Postby Lujo on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:17 am

I think there are a bunch of "flavour" subdungeons, with some sort of story about the fall of the Estern civilisation to the undead. They get you smoe exporation and some gold for ne investment, and I kind of like them - I like them better than Yin Yang or the too powerfull ones like the Zombie one (that one makes me kind of dissapointed if it "helps" me do something I had trouble with previously - it ussually means i needed an inordinary amount of extra resources to be able to do something).
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Gorgon on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:30 pm

Has the thief been nerfed? I think he used to restore 40% HP/MP with potions. Now it's 40% of the potion's effect + 20% of the opposite potion's effect.
Gorgon

Postby Lujo on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:47 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons