Game Philosophy

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Game Philosophy

Postby Lujo on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:56 am

dislekcia wrote:
Fran wrote:I get the feeling that it's all about who consistently whines the most (don't take this personally lujo) gets the game changed in his favour. I'm not sure if i like that.

We work really hard to make sure this doesn't happen.

We're also fond of the idea of upping other strats to compete, rather than nerfing stuff. Hence Mystera's changes. The goal is always to build a better game for everyone that plays it, not just whiny hardcores ;)

And some hardcores are whining specificaly to make all this easier to achieve ;)
Lujo

Postby dislekcia on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:25 pm

Lujo wrote:And some hardcores are whining specificaly to make all this easier to achieve ;)

Reporting the same problem when it's already been recorded doesn't help anyone. Incessantly reporting the same problem in needlessly personal ways makes us flag any feedback from you as useless and ego-driven, therefor noise.

Sorry dude, you have not made anything any easier for us, no matter what you'd like to believe. In fact, you've made it considerably harder to simply focus on the game by adding a ton of negativity that we have to get over every day. You're crap at constructive criticism because you seem to believe that nagging and haranguing people is a good idea...
dislekcia

Postby Lujo on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:33 pm

dislekcia wrote:Sorry dude, you have not made anything any easier for us, no matter what you'd like to believe. In fact, you've made it considerably harder to simply focus on the game by adding a ton of negativity that we have to get over every day. You're crap at constructive criticism because you seem to believe that nagging and haranguing people is a good idea...

There is allready a thread where we can express our frustrations at each other without polluting other people's threads, and I've toned down my arrogance to a minimum after being very pleased with the last update. Please, my posts here are quite polite and informative, but long. Don't give people reasons not to read them, and if you have issues with me (which is understandable), feel free to spam the old Monk is ridiculous thread.

I'm also willing to delete this post myself, if you delete your previous one, to keep this thread free of unnecessary crap.
Lujo

Postby Fran on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:29 pm

dislekcia wrote:We work really hard to make sure this doesn't happen.
The goal is always to build a better game for everyone that plays it

I appreciate this alot, and I think you're doing a good job at that too. Consider my initial post to be an request that you keep it that way ;)

dislekcia wrote:Reporting the same problem when it's already been recorded doesn't help anyone.

To be fair, this is kind of why I started this thread, although I obviously failed to express that.
Sometimes, the expectations in this forum can make the expression that nothing the devs make are ever good enough, and I can imagine that this is pretty hard on them - unnecessary hard.
I have a lot of faith in the devs, and while I think community input is meaningful and important, we shouldn't pretend that the devs are not able to see certain problems, just because they can't fix all of them in a single update. At least, thats what I meant when I said I ignore the broken content:

fran wrote: I mean, if I find a way to play the game, and it spoils the fun by making everything too easy, the logical conclusion for me is to stop abusing it. Easy as that. I'd maybe come here and say that I find this too easy so it can be investigated if a change would make the game more fun to play, but I certainly wouldn't consistently whine and demand changes in all possible ways.

A better wording would possible have been:
"I stop abusing it until it is fixed, which definitely will happen by some later time".

That's also the reason why in my opinion, you shouldn't excessively make the game/ the devs responsible for your enjoyment alone, as there is also the part how you access a game.
Fran

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons