Can you please make this game fun again?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Can you please make this game fun again?

Postby Sidestepper on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:38 pm

Kess wrote:Tikki Tokki has also brought me a lot of frustration lately. While it is probably my favored god, it seems like you get to a point where if you have some bad luck on the map he will punish you. Once or twice would be fine, but it feels as if this happens every other run where I pick that god. Again this could be due to where I am in the game right now. TT is the kind of god that you need to get early on so you can really explore that much before making the choice.

-Kess

Tikki Tokki is a powerful but problematic deity to start with. I actually prefer converting to him late game, when I am level 7-8 and the only remaining monsters are level 6 and below (not counting the boss, of course). You'll get piles of piety from harvesting the mooks. Tikki's Edge will let you squeeze an extra level out of the fodder monsters and the potion boon translates into two free attacks against most bosses. Just as importantly, Tikki Tokki doesn't punish you for endgame behavior the way some of the other top shelf gods do (GG hates it when you eat popcorn monsters, and both Dracul and GG make potion use difficult).
Sidestepper

Postby gjaustin on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:24 pm

Actually, I'd say that TT DOES punish you for endgame behavior. You have to save yourself 20ish piety to be able to actually fight the boss due to his penalty for taking damage. He just isn't nearly as bad as GG or Dracul.
gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:26 pm

gjaustin wrote:Actually, I'd say that TT DOES punish you for endgame behavior. You have to save yourself 20ish piety to be able to actually fight the boss due to his penalty for taking damage. He just isn't nearly as bad as GG or Dracul.

This is true, now that they made poison only give one piety per enemy. Dodges still help a lot, and the potions, if you learn how to use them are a big help against many bosses (ones that don't have way too many HP, like the Super Meat Man).
Lujo

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons