MY thoughts on stuff!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: MY thoughts on stuff!

Postby q 3 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:40 am

Lujo wrote:I was wondering when people would start finding ways to exploit orc PISORFF goodness :D

You were wondering? I mean, I guess technically this was with an Elf, but still. I guess I just needed to add some more vitriol to my shameless bragging. ;)

RE: IMAWAL. I agree that it's losing its usefulness - level 1 monsters are now potentially worth 4+ xp if you play your cards right, in addition to being sources of piety, Blue Bead MP, lifesteal, bloodpools, and of course dodge prediction, which all makes for some stiff competition. I would make two changes: one, allow IMAWAL to be cast on an empty tile, creating a wall but not conferring any other bonuses (very handy for PISORF, Half-Dragons, Transmuters, a subtle benefit that adds versatility but doesn't really upset balance); two, add temporary ~30% magic resistance, or perhaps ~2 base damage / level (neither effect stacking), every time an XP-granting monster is stoned (both of those effects are somewhat rare at the moment, and given that you're sacrificing both MP and all the above benefits I think that would be a fair buff).
q 3

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:42 am

Lujo wrote:
The Avatar wrote:Probably. And where did q 3 say that?

Well one of his posts in the Here are Goats! thread practicaly summs up my "nerf the damned monk" harangue + campaign into one paragraph, only related to the PISSORF wizard, and he knows what he's talking about, as he's been playing them before. And I agree, as I've been going around the map with conversion heavy orcs, and Wizard's turned out to be great, even before the last update, and the update was practically nothing but buffs (nerfs to conversion, but I've stated before it was too good, and then dislekcia pointed out that it WAS too good, only not too many people noticed because the shops were clogged).

Most of what he's posted since the update had consternation about the legitimacy or indeed sanity of the buffs to Wizard and Bloodmage, only with more tact, but less volume. And if you remember me talking about "walking cheatcodes", Bloodmages were among those, but instead of a nerf they got a buff. You figure it out. ;)

We've been expecting you :)
Lujo

Postby Halion on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:46 am

q 3 wrote: one, allow IMAWAL to be cast on an empty tile, creating a wall but not conferring any other bonuses

This would be a very interesting change, good for a variety of mischief for new players to figure out, but initially seeming worthless. Slightly awkward with the spell name, though. ;)
Halion

Postby q 3 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:57 am

Lujo wrote:We've been expecting you :)

I'm just happy someone pays attention to me.
q 3

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:01 am

q 3 wrote:
Lujo wrote:We've been expecting you :)

I'm just happy someone pays attention to me.

Well, you were sort of in the same place with spellcasters that I was with the Monks before they decided to give them a buff on top of the allready present retardedness. And the spellcasters got a LOT of buffs this time around :D

And I like the IMAWAL suggestion.
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:28 am

Great suggestion for IMAWALL, except that ITZAWALL might be a better name.

And yeah, JJ Gnome Bloodmages are SUPER BROKEN....
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:35 am

The Avatar wrote:And yeah, JJ Gnome Bloodmages are SUPER BROKEN....

Bloodmages were quite silly to begin with, the real question is wether you or q3 or me or whoever can post pics and explanations that other people could use to repeat the retardedness, to see eaxctly HOW broken.
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:38 am

I can't wait....

Who's goin first matron, Namtar, Avatar, or Kinissch?
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Abraxas on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:48 am

Did I ever mention I love the Fire Heart and the new Mystera? Because I do.

Truth be told, I'm not sure how much harder it would have been if I hadn't found a crystal orb and Halpmeh (which I eventually converted for that 50% mana regen, though it wasn't really necessary).

This is also the first time I clear the Naga City, but that's more because I've never really been in the mood for it before.

(And yes, I only worshiped Mystera)

Edit: I'd try the Avatar next, which I'm convinced wouldn't be very hard if you can find Halpmeh for the counter fireball boss, but that would probably end up crashing like it did with the Transmuter.
Last edited by Abraxas on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
That which is not dead may eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Abraxas

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:50 am

Dang, can you post the strat. I haven't even been able to open my computer since.

I'm personally gonna beat the matron. So please no one do that... ;)
Last edited by The Avatar on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons