PISORFF needs a buff! True story.

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: PISORFF needs a buff! True story.

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:33 am

True... but it's not extremely necessary. Its great enough without the bonus.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:47 pm

So with all the recent buffs to spellcasters tweaked a bit, and burndyraz buffed, the title of this topic is rather accurate, I think. So I'm bumping it. (somebody even suggested buffing PISORFF in the update thread, and someone told him to make a thread about it, and there allready WAS a theread about it, blah blah)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:55 pm

I like 75% into a wall, 50% into another monster, and 25% if nothing's there. Then it's more versitile. Also, on a wall crushing note, stone heart is no longer a very good transmuter artifact. I say change the heart and then reduce the cost to 3 (2 for wizards).
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby q 3 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:53 am

Now that Strength Potions are useless for PISORF this topic is, like, super double true. Not sure what the solution is, though. I'll repeat my suggestion that IMAWAL be able to create walls in empty tiles (without granting the XP boost).
q 3

Postby The Avatar on Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:42 pm

Wait, what'd they do to strength potions? If you buy 3 it's the equivalent of manax4 right?

The Avatar

Postby q 3 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:57 pm

PISORF dispels the effect after one use now, just as though you'd done a normal attack.
q 3

Postby Darvin on Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:28 pm

I'm with Avatar; 75% when pushed into a wall, 50% into another monster, and 25% if nothings there seems the right way to go with PISORF. The one thing I would add is that it shouldn't be able to actually kill monsters if you push them into empty spaces, so that PISORF can still be used to line up a monsters without killing them.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:46 pm

That makes sense. They're not gonna die if you push them over. Although that would be a buff to half-dragons. They would do one fourth of their knockback damage no matter what.

The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:54 pm

I was about to post and say that I'd love to see this change, especially if it's a Half-Dragon buff. But then I changed my mind.

This is a Gorgon nerf. Knockback damage removes poison! Knockback helped me beat Naga City and will be absolutely necessary if I ever manage to beat Halls of Steel with her.
gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:06 pm

Just make knockback from attacks not remove poison. That's a fix that's been needed for a while.
Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons