[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Weakest race/class combos

Weakest race/class combos

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Weakest race/class combos

Postby TigerKnee on Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:12 pm

Now that Bandits are the way they are, I'm wary of going low resistance strategy for classes that don't naturally start with resists, because bandits are generally extremely easy high level kills but not if I actually have resistances at stake!
TigerKnee

Postby gjaustin on Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:13 pm

While I happen to think that Orcs make excellent Tinkerers thanks to the abundance of items to covnert, Dwarves aren't a bad choice.

You want to take the 2 health to 2 attack prep though.
gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:29 pm

Darvin

Postby q 3 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:15 pm

Elf Assassins used to be pretty solid with the old Mana Leak - you could get a bunch of level up refreshes whilst fighting the boss, so the extra max MP came in handy. But no more, sadly.
q 3

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:23 pm

Wait, use Yendor late game? But not immediately? I would think use it immediately, explore everything, grabbing 3 boost mana, and begin to fireball the boss. Kill weaklings till you level up, continuosly fireballing the boss every level. When you hit level 9 attack the boss, fireball, and then Chaos Avatar. Then attack and fireball again, hopefully killing him. Use potions if necessary. The rest is straightforward. Whupaz, fire, etc.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:43 pm

This was Dragon Isles. I wanted to save the Amulet for fighting the Matron, meaning I didn't want to waste it early against Firstborn. I was able to beat the Firstborn with poison antics by using a Jehora health boost to survive his high damage.

Oh, and I don't have Witch unlocked, so no WHUPAZ was used.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:23 pm

Ah! Well, I used my above strategy and it worked like a charm!

Also, apothecary is an incredible prep now! I got 3 extra shadenfreude potions, and if I had explored around the matron I would have had a few extra potions
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:14 am

oh yea! potions dont show up in shops!!!! my new account will be soo happy to hear this.
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:54 am

And you can choose out of the 6 basics! 3 shops with apothecary!

The Avatar

Postby q 3 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:38 pm

Elf Assassin of Mystera is actually pretty solid again, mainly because Assassins are the secret best BURNDAYRAZ users and Elves are best for the combo - APHEELSIK + BURNDAYRAZ (and obviously BLUDTOPOWA if you can find it) with as much max MP as you can muster so as to increase your ratio of fireballs to poison and thus maximize your damage per mana. Plus Elves have good synergy with Refreshment. Assassins can shrug off literally all of Mystera's penalties, because Swift Hands works even if your damage rating is a big fat zero.

Gnomes are probably still the better choice, but that's mainly because Gnome conversions are way too cheap and Elf conversions are too expensive. Oh well.
q 3

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons