[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Sparkly and Chuggy

Sparkly and Chuggy

All things Desktop Dungeons

Sparkly and Chuggy

Postby GoatBot on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:02 am

Discussion - Sparkly and Chuggy
GoatBot

Re: Sparkly and Chuggy

Postby Halion on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:28 pm

The bonus (walled off) subdungeon that the update image is associated with is an exceptionally good find at level 1.
Halion

Postby Gorgon on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:30 pm

Yeah, Mystera is not that easy to abuse anymore.

I haven't noticed different enemy stats...
Gorgon

Postby xspeedballx on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Quick hit of changes and questions:

Mystera: Mana leak now causes spell casts to induce 1 point of weakening per cast in addition to reducing costs by 1. No longer increase magic resistance.
Sparkles appear on tiles around alters, they give what appears to be 1 piety for collecting(stepping on).
With only three altars unlock I only saw one alter in a level, so it appears to scale.
Naga city only has altars you have unlocked now.
Apothecary shops are green. On my limited unlock I can buy a health or mana potion from the same shop(haven't tested if I can buy both).
Bysepps costs 2 mana for 30% damage and 3% resistance erosion. *edited for correctness*
Halpmeh is now 4 man for 3 healing.

Some questions:

Are sparkles supposed to show above the unexplored tiles? Because with the removal of altar scouting I am not sure how they are supposed to "improve" scouting?
Going to do some more testing and see if I can get a screenshot but text looks worse in town and better in dungeons for me.
Last edited by xspeedballx on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xspeedballx

Postby Gorgon on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:35 pm

Last edited by Gorgon on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gorgon

Postby xspeedballx on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:37 pm

My mistake I realized after posting I was playing a wizard :P Heh. I did not notice the blood pools but the only boss I found in quick testing was awkwardly placed. Will have to look again.
xspeedballx

Postby Halion on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:41 pm

Halion

Postby xspeedballx on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:46 pm

Well I suppose that is going to shut down strategy of:

step 1: find god
step 2: win if story completed then go to 3a else 3b
step 3a: profit!
step 3b: don't profit :(

The feel without scouting is going to take some testing before I can form a real opinion I guess. That said other things I have noted, not sure if you can get more than one potion shop but you can only buy one potion per shop, but it is any potion you have unlocked.

Pactmaker's black stars are impossible to see unless you are looking for them. Though stepping on them is still obvious.

edit: Oh and text seems to be worse than last patch somehow. I play in browser not full screen. It seems somewhat cut off and cramped. Once I can get a chance I will get a picture.
xspeedballx

Postby gjaustin on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:06 pm

On the Mana Leak change, Crusader can become immune to Weakening, right? He may have just gotten a very subtle buff...

I'm not a fan of the Mana Leak change (it seems severe) and I'd rather have seen HALPMEH be 4 mana for 4 health, but all the other changes sound great.
gjaustin

Postby Halion on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:15 pm

Halion

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons