[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Sparkly and Chuggy

Sparkly and Chuggy

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Sparkly and Chuggy

Postby CPG on Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:04 pm

After following the beta for months with my first kingdom, I finally started a new kingdom and have been unlocking from the beginning.

Unfortunately, I seem to have hit a fatal bug: whenever I start a dungeon, regardless of starting race/class/preparations, I get an immediate crash and am sent back to the kingdom. I can play puzzles still, but none of the dungeons. The error is consistent, and starts like this:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. -->
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
at Systems.Collections.Generic.List'1[InventoryItem].get_item(int32 index)[0x000000] in <filename unknown>:0

I switched back to my mostly complete kingdom and everything worked fine, so it seems to be an issue with new games. I noticed this error after this most recent update, though I was able to clear a couple dungeons before the problem started.
CPG

Postby q 3 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:27 am

Refreshment does not work while mana burned, which seems inconsistent to me with a whole bunch of other things, but then I still don't understand the various rationales behind which sources of mana restoration work while mana burned and which don't. (Mana burn = no natural regeneration from exploration. Why does it need to be more complicated than that?)

In any event, Mystera is without any means of curing mana burn at the moment, which feels wrong to me.
q 3

Postby Darvin on Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:32 am

Mana burn is very inconsistent, and I agree there needs to be more clear-cut rules rather than the current ad-hoc of some stuff working and other things not. Especially considering that every other boon that restores mana either cures or ignores mana burn, this is yet another weird exception you just gotta know...
Darvin

Postby TigerKnee on Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:43 am

Didn't Refreshment used to cure mana burn? Did they change it for some reason? (It was pretty much the best use of refreshment other than saving a neglible amount of tiles for regeneration)
TigerKnee

Postby Darvin on Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:27 am

I was mostly using refreshment for gnomes after converting out of JJ with a boat-load of mana. Didn't realize it cured mana burn.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:03 pm

Speaking of mana burn, with cydstep and halpmeh getting nerfed (and cydstep is not unusable, it's just not a degenerate strategy cornerstone anymore), the nubmer of high end bosses with mana burn shuld, IMO be reduced. I'm not sure this much hate towards those two glyphs/strats is necessary anymore.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:43 pm

Yeah, HALPMEH and CYDSTEPP have been brought in line with other glyphs. Heck, Fireball guys of JJ is a very viable strategy now.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Zaratustra on Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:51 pm

Drinking a health potion as a thief only restores half mana and won't heal mana burn. Did this get changed when I wasn't looking?
Zaratustra

Postby TigerKnee on Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:56 pm

TigerKnee

Postby Darvin on Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:28 pm

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons