[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Sparkly and Chuggy

Sparkly and Chuggy

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Sparkly and Chuggy

Postby gjaustin on Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:06 pm

I'd expect that the only hard dungeons that were made easier were Slime Pits and Magma Mines. Those were the only ones that seemed to have a difficulty out of line with the rest of the Hard dungeons.

Has anyone verified if Vicious Halls of Steel is easier now?
gjaustin

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:27 pm

^yea... i'd really like to see VHoS nerfed. Beyond impossible for 95% of players to unlock vamp.

Reduce TT poison cost by 50%+ if it's like venom sword now, and do the same to the item as well. Both have costs far beyond their current benefits.
Now, if you have CYDSTEPP + BURNDAYRZ + some form of first strike, then that poison once is effective. Throw fireballs, then hit, regen all (including cydstepp if the monster 1 shots you), throw more fireballs, attack till cydstepp goes off, finish with first strike. Huge chain of hits to take down large enemies. But requires basically all your inventory space, is frowned upon by TT, and basically requires prepping the sword, in addition to scumming for cydstepp and possibly a first strike glyph.
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby Darvin on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:33 pm

You're better off paying 7 mana and using APHEELSIK. The opportunity cost for the weaker variants of poison is much too high right now. Venom Sword needs to be a small item at a low price-point, and Tikki Tooki's poison boon needs to be lowered to 25 piety.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:25 pm

That sounds much more reasonable with the current 50 piety and 29 gold being outrageous.

Also, the sparkles and bloodstains look ugly when put over walls, enemies and rivers especially. I'm mean what's a pool of blood standing still in a river for?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:27 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Fran on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:39 pm

Fran

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:19 pm

My text looks better overall, but certain glyph names (HALPMEH, WEYTWUT, and others) are cut off by the picture.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Kinglink on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:30 pm

Kinglink

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:49 pm

What classes have you unlocked? That is very important. There is at least one EXTREMELY easy class to win with if you play Hexx, and here's a hint: They start with a glyph.

As for Havendale Bridge (Troll Toll), the Rusalkas drop magic res charms, so magic res is clearly important. That was a hint just in case you're wondering.

And no, every dungeon is not completable with every class. As you come to the end of a direction you find Vicious dungeons. These are a HUGE step up from the hard dungeons before them, and are usually only winnable with 5 or so classes. All of which are using insane mechanics.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:14 am

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons