EVERY GODDAMN TIME!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: EVERY GODDAMN TIME!

Postby The Avatar on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:12 am

Yeah, I have slowdown on long fireball runs (VHoS and Naga City), but that's it.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby xspeedballx on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:34 am

I am not sure I have ever gotten a unity crash on any run without the crystal ball. Not saying it is the cause but I have noted that I have utilized it heavily in any unity crash run I had(most recently HHos)
xspeedballx

Postby The Avatar on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:41 am

Yup, my slowing runs all have crystal balls too. I always prep it for fireballers, so I have no idea without it.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby fall_ark on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:48 am

I think it's pretty safe to say that this is a video card memory / memory issue. Problem is, for a "bite-sized" "semi-roguelike" game, it crashes computers that can perfectly run much "larger" games .... Hell, Skyrim runs fine on my laptop, but Desktop Dungeons? Nah. Gotta crash every second run.

I really hope the final game is not so visually "heavy", and has options to turn certain visual effects off.
fall_ark

Postby Sythion on Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:14 am

I don't think it's a ram issue. My big PC has 16GB and it crashes just fine.

Fireball is an interesting concept though. I don't think I ever run without using it. I'm going to try to crash the game with no fireball usage.
Sythion

Postby fall_ark on Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:35 am

Sythion wrote:I don't think it's a ram issue. My big PC has 16GB and it crashes just fine.

Fireball is an interesting concept though. I don't think I ever run without using it. I'm going to try to crash the game with no fireball usage.

Yeah. Personally I think it's a video card memory/optimization issue.

Try a Binlor/Earthmother Monk on either the Icky Swamp or Demonic Library. Regenfight and spawn/destroy as many walls/plants as possible. That's how I imagine a crash might happen anyway.
fall_ark

Postby Sythion on Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:12 am

Got a crash on Ick Swamp with Elf Paladin/crystal ball build. No Fireballs. :(

My pure berserker builds did not crash.

Definitely seems to relate to "business" though, and seems to build over time like a memory leak... only my memory isn't leaking. Wonder if there's something in the code that gets called more if lots of spells have been cast.
Sythion

Postby oatmeal2k on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:08 am

Previous full on unity crashes have gone away with the new version. Great!

But I just had this one: in southern swamp for the first time, was having a terrible run, so I cast lemmesee to reveal everything, went down to some temple-unlock quest thing with lots of ladders, went down one, it took me to a new area, then immediately:

(edit: happened again in same subdungeon: this time I had gone into the temple area immediately, teleported around for a little while, then same error)

oatmeal2k

Postby dislekcia on Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:12 am

oatmeal2k wrote:Previous full on unity crashes have gone away with the new version. Great!

But I just had this one: in southern swamp for the first time, was having a terrible run, so I cast lemmesee to reveal everything, went down to some temple-unlock quest thing with lots of ladders, went down one, it took me to a new area, then immediately:

(edit: happened again in same subdungeon: this time I had gone into the temple area immediately, teleported around for a little while, then same error)

Ah, that's a crash with the new pathfinding. Thanks for reporting that :)
dislekcia

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons