[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Sidestepper's Newbie-Friendly Annotated Playthroughs

Sidestepper's Newbie-Friendly Annotated Playthroughs

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Sidestepper's Newbie-Friendly Annotated Playthroughs

Postby The Avatar on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:57 pm

He did! I was playing a tinker that run. And they didn't fix the scroll, it just broke for 1 update.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:42 pm

Well, then the strat that should do well with any class is prepping the transmutation scroll and using it to get boatlods of TT piety for whatever reasons. At least get dodge and some potions... You might even be able to use the strat to get a "jump in" to some deity for a cheap boon ynd still have enough to convert out.

Didn't they put a gold cap in though? That would put a break on that strat :(

Wether used as a bonus thing, or go dedicated with any halfling, that should give any class a leg up. rogue with extra combo pieces (TT potions) can be really silly.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:05 pm

Nope, the combo still works. With bet on the boss, you're getting 525 gold per trophy transmuted.
Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:18 pm

gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:32 pm

Ok, so who does the any halfling with transmutation scroll ridiculousness annotated run before they nerf it?

Do we need it at all? Any other ideas for a surefire strat for Naga City?
Lujo

Postby booooooze on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:11 am

While nice, you don't really need the extra boons from tranmuting boss trophies. 2 Schadenfreudes and a few mana potions (at most) has been enough for me to get by Timothy, a dodge potion for Bleaty, poison for everyone else.
booooooze

Postby The Avatar on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:17 am

But it lets you get poison after starting with a deity like JJ for Hp. Then you convert in and get poison and whatever else you want. It's just nice to have the luxuries of extra potions and dodges.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby booooooze on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:59 am

Don't get me wrong, it's lovely. I was just saying that I had done almost all of the classes without it... and I'd be surprised if it stayed around very long (particularly given than trophies aren't even actually worth 350 anymore).

For some reason, didn't do Vampire until last... That strat doesn't really work for him so well (current revision, anyway).
booooooze

Postby Lujo on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:21 am

Ofc you don't really need it, I've never ever transmuted a boss trophy and I had a pre-buff fighter win on it. It's just that you can alway find uses for a ton of piety out of nowhere, if for nothing else then converting out of TT with ease after you took all the boons.
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:15 pm

Pretty much. That way I can save Consesus for Blood Swells. Which makes things much easier.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons