[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Sidestepper's Newbie-Friendly Annotated Playthroughs

Sidestepper's Newbie-Friendly Annotated Playthroughs

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Sidestepper's Newbie-Friendly Annotated Playthroughs

Postby Darvin on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:06 pm

Darvin

Postby Sidestepper on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:16 pm

I hope that they realize that it isn't knockback that is causing the problem.
Sidestepper

Postby Lujo on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:26 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby FDru on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:13 pm

inc scaling Trisword gold costs

Personally, I'd like to see it reworked as a static item again. Alas...
FDru

Postby Sidestepper on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:50 pm

My preferred solution would be to cap its effect at one potion conversion per level. Two per level if we want to be conservative about changes.

I wouldn't want to see it be path dependent like the Alchemist Scroll. I don't really like the mechanic of "awesome if found at first, otherwise useless."
Sidestepper

Postby Lujo on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:20 pm

Well, it took a while but I finaly did it! Damned sword woudln't show up, but I couldn't resist killing the fuk**r with just the TT rogue. A bunch of times. Untill the sword showed up. Anyway, here it is:

And here's the win - quite franky, if I had an agnostic collar or some other way to get piety with TT - I wouldn't need to kill anything but the Namtars.

I did keep preping Namtars Ward, but it wasn't necessary - Drac + Cydstepp would be enough, or just a perserverance badge. I'd say you can kill pretty much anything with a lvl1 Rogue and enough TT potions (what is enough - that's debatable). If resists were an Issue I'd scum for Binlor. With a Tri-Sword you wouldn't need that many potions, and with an orc, you probably don't need a Tri-Sword. Make that certanly because I killed this guy a bunch of times with a triswordless halfling.

Anyway, awsomer pics in the playthrough notes if anyone's into this kind of thing. At least we can pin this on the sword, and I hope SOMETHING gets nerfed, because I still think NL is too damned hard outside of this kind of stupidity, and I'd be really sad if the moral of the story turns out to be "It's fine, you can beat it with a Rogue easily..."
Lujo

Postby Bloggorus on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:13 am

So what exactly is happening here?

Stacking atk using trisword and other items, then abusing knockback for the percentage of base attack?
Bloggorus

Postby Darvin on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:54 am

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:51 am

Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:14 am

This probably doesn't count as a bug, but your pictures on the welcome screen for desktopdungeons.net are incredibly outdated.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons