[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Sidestepper's Newbie-Friendly Annotated Playthroughs

Sidestepper's Newbie-Friendly Annotated Playthroughs

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Sidestepper's Newbie-Friendly Annotated Playthroughs

Postby The Avatar on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:25 pm

It's up!

http://www.qcfdesign.com/wiki/DesktopDungeons/index.php?title=Anyone_Can_Win_Vicious_Part_1:_Naga_City

Please tell my what you guys think! Also, should I do Dragon Isles or Namtar next?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Waldo0 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:44 pm

Yeah! I also like to play as human sorcerer.

+5 starting mana is huge and the regenerating health(spent mana) helps you hunting upper level monsters very easily in the low-levels.

Human sorcerer = GOOD FIGHTER(health regen,mana shield,human attack bonus) + ELITE WIZARD(+5 starting mana) = FTW
*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Postby Sidestepper on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:10 pm

A Fighter VICIOUS series is a bold undertaking. I probably would have ragequit after having to blow my Death Protection on the very first monster.

I have never been able to make up my mind if it is better to preserve your dings for the arena, or to just go ahead and totally clean up the top floor to gain as much piety and initial momentum as possible. I've made it work both ways, but don't really know which one is optimal. Probably depends on your class and which god you prepped.

I know lots of people swear by early TT worship, but I have never been able to make that work. I always handle TT the way that you did in this run, taking advantage of his massive late game power.
Sidestepper

Postby Darvin on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:16 pm

Fighter isn't as bad as he used to be. Probably would work best with a Trisword, using potions to fuel your low-level kills and then using the trisword as leverage as you move along. I'm actually amazed you didn't prep the Trisword in this case (Dragonshield is the obvious second pick).

I'd say do Dragon Isles next. Remember not to use the Dragonshield; kind of defeats the point of teaching people who can't otherwise beat the level...
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Don't worry, I'll use a tri-sword. Is the matron still weaker than the Firstborn?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:36 pm

Haven't actually played DI in a while, but the devs haven't noted any changes in the patch log.
Darvin

Postby Sidestepper on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:53 pm

Fighter is way better than before, due to changes to both Veteran and the game environment, but he still has the weakest starting leverage of any character. He's fine once he gets off the ground.
Sidestepper

Postby Darvin on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:13 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:55 pm

Good to know. Since it's DI I'll probably need to scum for ENDISWALL and bring a slayer wand for the guards. Or prep Binlor. This is going to be tricky.

The Avatar

Postby Gavster on Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:14 am

Very good Avatar. I liked the broad strokes you wrote about the bosses and explaining tikki tokki. How much gold does the black market provide? 6 tributes seems like a lot. Finally - I might be able to beat naga city.
I was thinking - on the title screen of the playthroughs, can we add in the strategies used for the play? Race/class/god/spell? So if we are looking for new ways to use a specific, we know which ones to look at.
Gavster

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons