[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Sidestepper's Newbie-Friendly Annotated Playthroughs

Sidestepper's Newbie-Friendly Annotated Playthroughs

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Sidestepper's Newbie-Friendly Annotated Playthroughs

Postby Darvin on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:00 pm

Darvin

Postby Nurator on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:29 pm

im sorry, how do I do that?^^ there is no move or rename option :(
Nurator

Postby Darvin on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:49 pm

Make sure you're logged in, the look for the drop-down arrow (should be to the right of "view history"). When you highlight this, additional options will appear. I just double-checked, and all registered users should have the right to move articles.
Darvin

Postby Sidestepper on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:22 pm

Very aggressive play Nurator! Something I always like to see. I liked the power calculations. It really helped show how base damage, percentage bonuses, increased regen, and resistances all multiply against each other to create overwhelming leverage from a character that looks unimpressive at first glance.
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:39 pm

Okay, I need to beat DI as a human fighter, but how should I go about it? I'm going to need ENDISWALL probably, assuming I want to skip the guards. I'm thinking Tri-Sword, Black Market, GG, MOAR GLYPHS, Slayer Wand (Dragon guards), Elites (Elven boots?), Strength, Reflex, and Whupaz potions and lastly a compression seal.

1. Strength and possibly reflex to get a nice early game. Start by worshipping GG.
2. Level up, using 8 or so absolutions and humility. If you find ENDISWALL, save it. If you find Elven boots, buy them.
3. A few exp away from level 7 or 8, start fighting the Firstborn. Use Whupaz, a mid-fight level up or two, and maybe some potions.
4. ENDISWALL the block, then slayer wand the next guard. Use Cleansing on guard 4. Finally, kill the elites.
5. Start fighting the matron, then use Enlightenment plus a mid-fight level up, potions, protections, and tiles to win.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:43 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:51 pm

I could just prep Drac. His penalty isn't too bad.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:01 pm

The thing with Dracul is that you usually want to convert in from a piety farm, so you really get no benefit from having his altar near the dungeon entrance and you gain a lot by having the extra altars available (particularly the possibility of Binlor or Earthmother for easy desecrations). I personally never prep Dracul for those reasons.

Since you're largely indifferent between Dracul and Tikki Tooki, and an Earthmother desecration is easy for a Trisword-wielder (who doesn't want to pop a burn salve for some cheap base attack?), I'd say taking 4-altar over a specific prep makes a lot of sense here.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:02 am

True, but you really want to avoid scumming on an annotated playthrough. Anyways, DI is taped. I'll get it up as soon as I get the time. And yes, I did end up prepping Dracul. One last thing, I've decided Cha Dylan, or whatever his name is, is one of my favorite subdungeons. Talk about an exp boost.

The Avatar

Postby Sidestepper on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:40 am

I never got any xp for killing Cha Dylan. Maybe that was a bug? I found it to be by far the worst subdungeon ever. You get trapped behind all of those snakes, and the big monster gives no xp and drops nothing.

How does the dungeon work on your end?
Sidestepper

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons