[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Sidestepper's Newbie-Friendly Annotated Playthroughs

Sidestepper's Newbie-Friendly Annotated Playthroughs

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Sidestepper's Newbie-Friendly Annotated Playthroughs

Postby Darvin on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:38 pm

Your odds of finding either Tikki Tooki or Dracul are pretty good with 4-altar. I say you should have gone for it and run with whatever you found.
Darvin

Postby Sidestepper on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:52 pm

I can see Avatar's point. There is value in showing a method that has no reliance on RNG effects. I face this same dilemma with my own guides. Do I play to win, showing off complex combinations? Or should I focus instead on fundamentals, limiting myself to the bare minimum of resources?
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:05 pm

I think playing a fighter is definitely focusing on the fundamentals.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby The Avatar on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:51 am

Namtar's Lair with Human Fighter is taped. I'll get it up sometime tomorrow hopefully.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby The Avatar on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:45 am

Part three is up!

http://www.qcfdesign.com/wiki/DesktopDungeons/index.php?title=Anyone_Can_Win_Vicious_Part_3:_Namtar%27s_Lair

What do you guys think? What's your go to strategy for Namtar?

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:15 am

Darvin

Postby Sidestepper on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:16 am

My most important tactic is, right before pushing Namtar into the abyss, I shout "Beast from the Pit, time to feast on my s**t!" I'm not actually sure if it helps or not but it sure feels good.

More seriously, I almost always go for Binlor and heavy resistance stacking, just like you did. Namtar 1 and Namtar 2 both do a TON of magical damage. In your shoes, I would have considered using Packmaster for the Body Pact to stack even more resistance, but I can understand wanting to escape from Binlor before getting hit with the level-up piety drain.
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:15 am

Demonic Library with Human Fighter is taped.

This one was weird. I originally thought to go with Mystera and refreshment for early boss kills, but it never worked. You really need an elf for that strategy. I ended up abusing GETINDARE and TT. I even converted into Drac, but it was unnecessary.

The Avatar

Postby The Avatar on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:04 am

It's up on the wiki. Please mention any confusing lines, typos, or anything I might need to explain. I'm quite tired so it might not be high quality.

http://www.qcfdesign.com/wiki/DesktopDungeons/index.php?title=Anyone_Can_Win_Vicious_Part_4:_Demonic_Library

Also, please comment on the run. What do you think? What do you guys normally use for DL?

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:20 am

I will say that I probably would have waited until after desecrating Binlor to pick up the Elven Boots, but overall that was a smooth run.
Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons