Sidestepper's Newbie-Friendly Annotated Playthroughs

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Sidestepper's Newbie-Friendly Annotated Playthroughs

Postby The Avatar on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:33 am

Probably, but the fireball, fireball, first strike combo seemed too irresistible at the time.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Nandrew on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:49 am

Love these. And always quite carefully crafted, too.
Nandrew

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:46 pm

http://www.qcfdesign.com/wiki/DesktopDu ... a5/DL1.jpg

What's the other pair of boots in the guild locker in this picture?

And where did all these locker slots come from?
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:24 pm

Unless the Mage Fist is a misnomer (I really need to get around to grabbing that item) those boots are new. As for the extra locker slot, you can now purchase them (at obscene markup) from the bank. Nine slots is the max.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:18 pm

Darvin wrote:Unless the Mage Fist is a misnomer (I really need to get around to grabbing that item) those boots are new.

Well I really need to stop spamming off topic stupidness in stickied well defined threads, but there really ought to be a thread about what's lockerable and what isn't. I've been running into subdungeon trinkets and knicknacks and assorted whatnottery (loved that word, needs to go into a dictionary) I had no clue existed, and I only ever seen the fabulous treasure this time around...
Lujo

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:18 pm

That's the Mage Fist. Yes, the Mage Fist really is a pair of off-purple boots with green trimming
Sidestepper

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:28 pm

Sidestepper wrote:That's the Mage Fist. Yes, the Mage Fist really is a pair of off-purple boots with green trimming

I thought it'd be a collor pallete swap of the dwarven Gauntlets. o.O So it can't be the flaming pants, buecause it's allready a Mage Fist, but is really a pair of boots? Makes so much sense -.-
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:43 am

Makes so much sense -.-

The monsters of DD-verse are ruled by a super-Goat whose chosen strategy for preventing the slaughter of his followers is to kill them himself so he can flood the market with their body parts so there's no economic incentive for anyone else to kill them.

Yup, having a pair of magic boots called the "Mage Fist" makes perfect sense in DD-verse.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:38 am

Darvin wrote:
Makes so much sense -.-

The monsters of DD-verse are ruled by a super-Goat whose chosen strategy for preventing the slaughter of his followers is to kill them himself so he can flood the market with their body parts so there's no economic incentive for anyone else to kill them.

Well, economic warfare is horribly devastating and has destroyed the county my parents have been living in, and is destroying the country I'm living in now. It's rarely used in videogames, but it's pretty villanous and terrible. Killing your own minnions or making genocide is also pretty villanous, and is something an evil economist would come up with. It could've been inspired by history, for all I know, and humans have done stranger and more evil things. Having a super-Goat as the villan makes perfect sense, you fight them in tutorials where one kills you, you fight them in the pre-game dungeons, their boss Bleaty is a menace, theyre the iconic breakout creatures of the game... It all makes quite a bit of sense, or rather perfect sense.

Darvin wrote:Yes, having a pair of magic boots called the "Mage Fist" makes perfect sense in DD-verse.

No it doesn't, except if I go aruging about it someone will declare I have ulterior and objectionable motives, and that just makes me feel bad. Plus, wrong thread for it entirely, but I'm pretty sure having a pallete swap of dwarven gauntlets for an item called Mage Fist, even as an obvious placeholder art would make much more sense than it being a pair of boots. Unless there's a reeealy good joke attached, but even then the joke would serve the function of lampshadeing the fact that when you hear Mage Fist, a pair of boots is not something that comes to mind i.o.w. it doesn't make sense. If it did make sense, I woudn't've looked at the picture and had the need to ask "Does anyone know what the boots do?", I would've gone: "Oh, that must be the art for the mage fits, looks fitting".
Lujo

Postby Gavster on Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:31 am

Has anyone done YouTube vids of playthroughs? I found some old school Lujo, which were good.
Gavster

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons