[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The Badges

The Badges

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The Badges

Postby Darvin on Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:17 am

Nice one; I was considering doing the same kind of run, though my thought was to use a Tinker. A rogue on one of the easy levels where the enemies are all that much weaker makes a lot of sense, though. I agree with you on "feeling parched", though a badge for curb-stomping the dungeon is perfectly fine in my books.

I also agree that the old Cheeky was more interesting than the new one. I'd much prefer the two alternatives you mention; those would be much more in keeping with the difficulty of the harder badges like hoarder or purist. Unstoppable is a bit underwhelming, but there is something satisfying about clearing the dungeon so I think it's definitely worth having the badge. Now Ding! Max is very underwhelming and quite possibly the easiest badge after cheeky, and for Assassins it's essentially redundant with Unstoppable anyways...
Darvin

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Wait, so they removed the "beat the boss before level 7?" that was the old cheeky right?
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby Darvin on Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:22 pm

Yes, that was the old cheeky. If you check the wiki, you can see all the old alpha badges. I tested each of them in-game before posting this, so the 11th badge (if it exists... I'm beginning to have my doubts) isn't anything from the alpha.
Darvin

Postby Zalminen on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:31 am

Zalminen

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons