[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Preparations

Preparations

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Preparations

Postby The Avatar on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:57 am

There is pretty much no use for it. Im still unsure why I would prepare it if it was free...

Here's and interesting idea for a prep: It has a negative gold cost, and a bad effect. Something like -1 hp per level up.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby TigerKnee on Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:00 am

I wasn't talking about early Beta Smuggler's den by the way, I was talking the e3 demo. It had different functionality there. The den had multiple "up" staircases and entrances and allowed you to travel to different parts of the map. I would LOVE that on that Naga city.

Lucket Packets is a terrible preparation because you can't control the "good" effects, for example, wasting the +50% exp boost because you're entirely blocked by level 1s, and to top it off it has a side effect that's just a little better than being mana burned or teleported to an unwinnable state.
TigerKnee

Postby The Avatar on Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:06 am

It's too much like a worse patches that replaces your gold piles.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby dislekcia on Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:14 am

The entire church is going to be changing pretty drastically soon. FYI ;) We have this idea that we'd like to try out...
dislekcia

Postby The Avatar on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:23 pm

Yes! Yeah, the four preparation buttons are kinda disappointing...

The Avatar

Postby Halion on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:30 pm

All the new church preps will focus on starting the game with extra piety/altars/boon effects, but fill dungeons with hordes of no-xp goats with annoying abilities.

And any time you typo altar as alter on the forums, the goats get stronger.

Any truth in this post is strictly coincidental. And awesome. Coincidentally awesome.
Halion

Postby The Avatar on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:39 pm

Oh gosh, I'm screwed! ;)

The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:49 pm

gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:37 pm

Extra Elites isn't bad, Apothocary is better. I'd rather replace quest items.

And I think he said you can't rob a black market/buy artifacts. Although the only one worth buying would be Dragon Sheild. The 100 cost for the ward and symbol would be off the charts. I think you could buy a conversion stone, but since you buy it out of your locker, you'd have to bring it back to replace it. Or go kill another bridge troll.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:13 pm

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons