[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - My thoughts on the latest update!

My thoughts on the latest update!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: My thoughts on the latest update!

Postby gjaustin on Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:55 pm

gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:44 pm

At +20 you can get +60 hp! You're only losing out by 15. And there are good ways to raise hp, for example, I love the troll heart!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:16 pm

JJ was working fine for Rogues last version. Even other classes could still use boost health to push themselves above a critical threshold. I play JJ extensively, and I was surprised when they buffed boost health. It looks weak, but it's the difference between surviving 0 and 1 hits. Now, with a little bit of resists or healing, it's the difference between 0 and 2 hits. For a Rogue, that is phenomenal.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:10 pm

Yup! Prep the Avatar symbol for resist and attack and Vicious doesn't stand a chance.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Fran on Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:15 pm

Fran

Postby The Avatar on Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:42 pm

Another change on how BLUDTUPOWA works? What was the first version of the glyph? Right now it's the same as the alpha...

Speaking of BLUDTUPOWA, Vicious HoS just went down as a Bloodmage. Use Yendor Amulet right after you begin to fireball Indomitable. Use BURNDAYRAZ/BLUDTUPOWA combo until he dies. Use whupaz and mana potions on Blah Blah. This will also work as a wizard if I can pull the glyph. In fact, I can do that with any class! I didn't use potions on Indomitable, so anyone can regen fire him. So as long as the class can take Blah Blah, it isn't very hard!

The Avatar

Postby Fran on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:11 am

Fran

Postby The Avatar on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:34 am

Ah! A simple 1 mana increase to BURNDAYRAZ would kill a lot of the too good strats, while leaving good ones left.

The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:26 am

Honestly, I really like the new Fireball and don't want it changed. Fireball needs to be this powerful to compete with melee, since outside of a few exceptions it's been weak for the entire Beta.

Does anyone know if it still has the 3 x level cap from the old Fireheart? If it doesn't, I'd be good with that being added back. Maybe even dropped down to 2 x level cap.

But raising the mana cost would mess things up quite a bit. Suddenly your 13 mana on an average character can't cast two of them! The 18 mana on an average Sorcerer isn't enough for 3!
gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:32 am

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons