The Post-Dwarf Fortress Tier List Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The Post-Dwarf Fortress Tier List Thread

Postby The Avatar on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:04 pm

So the mid tier classes are all at an equal level?

Also, can someone give me the ratio of lifesteal to mana with BLUDTUPOWA?
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 pm

q 3 wrote:Contrast that with Berserker, Warlord, Rogue, Assassin, Monk, Paladin, and Wizard, who all either have the ability to tank high damage hits or the ability to get high level kills without taking damage.

And the classes you listed are the ones I think are better than Sorcerer :) Except for the Berserker, who I only knocked down a bit because Fireball is so awesome at the moment.
Last edited by gjaustin on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gjaustin

Postby gjaustin on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:09 pm

The Avatar wrote:So the mid tier classes are all at an equal level?

Also, can someone give me the ratio of lifesteal to mana with BLUDTUPOWA?

Not equal, but pretty darn close.

I'm not sure the exact ratio, but I feel like it's based on your level. As in, you need to Lifesteal an amount of health equal to your level to get 1 MP. So health/level = mana.
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:10 pm

Yeah. I haven't seen a Vicious CYDSTEPP win in ages. These days it's fireballs, and tanking.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:18 pm

I'd also be interested to see your ordering.

Thief
Berserker
Bloodmage
Gorgon
Sorcerer
Half-Dragon
Fighter
Crusader
Priest

Not a fan of the Priest, and I fully admit my bias against the guy. I'd agree with you that on a different day I might place these in different orders, though I still hold the Thief and Bloodmage in high regard.

Yeah. I haven't seen a Vicious CYDSTEPP win in ages. These days it's fireballs, and tanking.

Warlords are pretty much the only CYDSTEPP'ers that work in vicious. If you can tithe yourself down to 1 HP then rogues work too.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:16 pm

Yeah, I don't like the priest much either. It's kinda bland. You get a little more hp and some extra undead damage. Until the boss. Then they shine...

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:25 pm

The Avatar wrote:Yeah, I don't like the priest much either. It's kinda bland. You get a little more hp and some extra undead damage. Until the boss. Then they shine...

Weren't we just having a discussion about not having enough HP to kill higher level monsters? Now if only there were a class that had 3 more HP level and had a situational damage bonus of 100% ;)

Pretty much every level has at least one undead monster. If you can find a high-level one without Weakening, you're set!
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:23 am

Not necessarily. In Vicious Levels (90% of my runs, unfortunately), it's not that easy. Higher level zombies are super tough.

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby TigerKnee on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:56 am

Yeah, a lot of the Undead monsters in Vicious dungeons are so brutal you don't even want to touch them with bonus damage.

Also priest may have more health per level, but they just lost Tri-Sword. Don't think it's an overall improvement for them.
TigerKnee

Postby gjaustin on Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:06 am

TigerKnee wrote:Also priest may have more health per level, but they just lost Tri-Sword. Don't think it's an overall improvement for them.

Yeah, with the loss of Tri-Sword they're actually weaker than before. The Thief got hit really hard by that too.

That's why I have them down there slumming it with the mid-tier classes.
gjaustin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons