[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Menus are fun again

Menus are fun again

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Menus are fun again

Postby CandyFace on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:19 am

holyshit a shiny and awesome menu but i have to admit like the others that the text is kind of hard to read.
CandyFace

Postby TigerKnee on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:05 pm

Does anyone who have the Tri-Sword handy tell me what the new stats are?

Also how much are Halfling/Gnome conversion points now (haha, the irony that they were considered weak enough to get a lower conversion rate from Alpha -> Beta. Elf still the same though LAME)
TigerKnee

Postby Gorgon on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:11 pm

Halflings and Gnomes now have 90 CP. Not a big change.

EDIT: And the Vampire has only 1 life steal.
Gorgon

Postby Lagmalix on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:52 pm

Gnomes 90 CP is a big change. They were already severely underused, at least by me, cause Elf and apothecary leaves you with 2x mana pool and 3-4 schadenfreud potions which you can usually save until the very end -> easy game (nerf incoming).

Burning was overpowered but I wonder how it affects vicious HoS.

Agree that the UI needs more contrast.

Also, why did you switch hp and mp bars? This is very annoying for veteran players and I doubt it makes a difference for newcomers.
Last edited by Lagmalix on Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lagmalix

Postby Alweth on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:52 pm

Trisword gives you 1 base damage per potion you drink.
Were you expecting a coherent message? Alweth does not deal with such trifles. Ignore him or watch the thread get locked!
Alweth

Postby Ara on Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:00 pm

Despite the description saying otherwise, Tri-Sword gives +2 damage per potion (any potion).

I tried Naga City to check on the trick Darvin found and noticed a diminishing return on desecration:
First desecration gives +30 piety and 3 indulgence, then +20/2, +10/1, 0, -10, -20... So there's no point desecrating more than 3 altars.

(BTW with this kind of indulgence, bug or not, you can save a crazy amount of piety: I went to 70 piety with JJ, desecrated EM, took Chaos Avatar, converted to GG, took Enlightenment and still had 100 piety. :shock:)
Last edited by Ara on Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ara

Postby The Avatar on Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:06 pm

So they did actually change it...

On another note, I have a fairly reliable way to beat Namtar. A dragon shield and Stone Heart, which was already necessary, make things fairly easy.

Just beat him with a Half-Dragon. I also grabbed stone fist before converting to EM for 14 vine forms.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Fran on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:18 pm

Fran

Postby Abraxas on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:19 pm

I'd really like to praise the new UI, since it does look pretty, but as it is right now it has too many flaws to overlook.
For one, the piety/gold/conversion and attack values are hard to read. Also the empty item slots stand out too much from the rest of the screen, specially when you consider that they should be drawing the least attention out of anything in the ui.
And then the biggest problem, the mana/health bars. I don't really have a problem with their positions having been swapped, but with their new stylish look, it's harder to tell exactly how full they are. This becomes even more of a problem with battle predictions, since enemies have a differently styled health bar, making it much harder to compare the damage dealt by each side. Not to mention how the prediction markers are much more subtle now, and in the enemies' case very, very difficult to see, since it's black.
The new ui has potential, and definitely looks pretty, but it feels like style got in the way of functionality.

Now, for the balance changes.

I'm not sure if I agree with the burning cap, I suppose I need to test it further. Something about fireball strategies needed a nerf, sure, but I had the impression that the biggest culprit of their overpoweredness was the Crystal Ball.
The paladin's new Holy Works feels like it's more a negative trait overall, even without the god changing restriction, except for some very particular cases.
I assume that the new indulgence preventing piety loss on boons is unintended, because otherwise it really is insanely powerful.
The closer spawns of prepped altars is a very nice change, which hopefully will further discourage scumming.

As an aside, it seems like the bloodmage's new Power Hungry still doesn't work at all. I think it really says something about how players see the ability when a whole week has passed with it not working, and it was mentioned maybe twice.

Oh, also, it feels like the game now loads much, much faster on startup, which is a big plus.
That which is not dead may eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Abraxas

Postby GG Crono on Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:01 pm

GG Crono

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons