Menus are fun again

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Menus are fun again

Postby Leeshy on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:56 am

Balancing is one thing, but you take one of the paladins strongest abilities (Holy Work)
And turn it into something negative?
Whats that about?
Actually I'd much rather have piety loss than -2 max hp...
Leeshy

Postby Ara on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:29 pm

Well, it was a Dracul nerf after all, not directly a Vampire one. In the Vamps and Blood Tithe topic, the community concluded that a Vampire conversion rate nerf was necessary, not a Blood Tithe one, and certainly not a Blood Hunger one.

Now, I think the Blood Tithe nerf is acceptable, but not the Blood Hunger one:
All in all 10 lifesteal is barely worth 10% resist:
- More against tanks, less against strong hitters (and there's more of the latter).
- On the one hand it is not suceptible to resistance reduction, on the other hand if you don't have enough health (say 130 against a 105 damage boss) you won't get much benefit from it, if any at all.

So why does it cost a whole lot of piety, AND reduce max resist by 20%, AND is limited to 3 use ? There's too many limitations.

I one shoted Bleaty with a Binlor's Gorgon. Would you increase the amount of health of Bleaty, weaken Binlor's boons, or reduce the damage of the Gorgon ? (haha). Well, you just boosted Binlor probably for a broader appeal. So please, do the same thing for Dracul: allow some SMM slaughter for greater goods, and look at the game breaking amount of life a Vampire can get.

Also, I think a bit of broken things here and there are part of the fun :lol:, more than a bland game with fade boons. :|

:roll:
Last edited by Ara on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ara

Postby Darvin on Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:45 pm

Agreed on Blood Hunger; it's outragerously bad now and pretty much only useful to grant yourself the ability to overheal.

Blood Hunger if anything needed a lower impact on max resists. I'm perplexed at why they nerfed it at all. The problem was purely repeatable Blood Tithe on a Vampire. On everyone else, Dracul had barely breached the top-tier deities...
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:17 pm

Yeah, and when he was good it was usually because of Blood Shield and Blood Swell. Blood Hunger is basically only worth it if you take 1 shot for extra piety, but then again, a Vampiric Blade has the same effect with no downsides. It's the CONVERSION RATE that's the problem. I don't even get lifesteal anymore. I just use the one I start with for piety.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:28 pm

The first level is worth the piety, so long as it doesn't actually impact your resists. I will still pick it up if I'm not going over 45% resists, though if I already have a vampiric blade it's definitely second fiddle to Blood Shield, possibly third after blood tithe...
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:59 pm

Yeah, especially if you have a way to pump hp. Speaking of hp, I got a 239 hp half-dragon. Start with Binlor, buy troll heart (28 hp), JJ (50 hp), GG (21 hp), level 10 (140 hp). I tanked Bleaty!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:22 pm

The color scheeme of the new interface makes stuff really hard to read, and the edges of the "scrolls" that make up the interface overlap with the last collumn of stuff in the dungeon.

Otherwise it's pretty nice.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby nathanc on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:27 pm

Was there a change made to the compressions scrolls, because they aren't working for any class/race now.
nathanc

Postby gjaustin on Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:19 pm

The interface is starting to grow on me after the contrast hotfix.

My only remaining complaints:

Mana above health is still confusing
The font in the inventory area (e.g. diety text) is hard to read since its so frilly
The way the enemy health bar shows combat prediction is hard to to read
gjaustin

Postby Pax on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:00 pm

The compression scrool does not work for me anymore. :(
Pax

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons