[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Menus are fun again

Menus are fun again

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Menus are fun again

Postby harfatum on Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:44 am

Compression Seal doesn't work. Maybe this is an issue with all scrolls?

Also: Doesn't the Paladin change completely rule out Pactmaker? Warrior's Pact is a cruel joke now!

The "NEW!" icon on the victory screen looks odd, the white outline doesn't match the red text.
Last edited by harfatum on Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby booooooze on Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:52 am

NOOOOO!!!!!

You finally did it, dislekcia. You killed it good this time. Crashes as soon as the Unity bar fills up.

"The content was stopped because because a fatal content error was detected"

IE, Chrome, FF.... the same on all three.

Anyone have any pointers for me?
booooooze

Postby TigerKnee on Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:57 am

I'm in the same boat so I can't help.
TigerKnee

Postby gjaustin on Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:06 am

The new UI is pretty, but really, really hard to read.

I like the new Binlor and Dracul changes, but am not a fan of the Paladin changes. The new Holy Work feels like it's two drawbacks pretending to be a bonus.

And Binlor has a new problem. His boons destroy so many walls that it's really hard to get his boons without running out of them entirely.
gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:54 am

Darvin

Postby Despayre on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:00 am

Sorry guys, but I really dislike the new UI scheme, but mostly for (hopefully) simple and easy to fix reasons.

In general it looks really slick and it has a lot of personality and promise, but the numbers are really hard to read on most of the windows, and that's the most important part of the game. I seriously can't read a lot of the monster HP bars (level 4 goblins and level 5 warlocks are some prime examples), the text bleeds together so much on 3 6 8 and 9 that they're nigh indecipherable at times.

The grey/silver text on grey background for piety, coin, etc is really hard to read too. It's not as bad as the hp bars but I still have to look at it for a second or two to make sure I'm reading it right. All vital stats in the game have to be easy to identify and read. It doesn't matter how pretty the UI looks if it doesn't actually convey information to the user in an quickly digestible manner.

And I second the Mana over HP confusion. That almost did get me killed in my first game. Every computer rpg ever that has both health and mana has health over or in front of mana depending on layout, and any that don't are wrong. Sorry, it's a rule. Ok maybe it isnt, but it IS convention and that's just what my mind sees now, even when I know it's wrong, dont imagine I'm the only one either either.

The inventory panel looks so..dirty. I cant read what the text is under the splatters. *somthing* item *something*? That's bad.

I like the look and the style feels 'right', but as a functional UI, this fails almost completely for me. A lot of it is easy fixes, just needs lots more contrast between style elements and functional ones. Fonts need to be much cleaner and stand out more.
Despayre

Postby harfatum on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:35 am

"Glue item here", I think :D
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby Sythion on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:07 am

Broken here too. Going to try on my other systems tomorrow.

I hope this helps you root cause the issues with constant crashes that are happening to some people only.

Were other users who are not able to get to login screen having constant crashes before this patch?
Sythion

Postby Aequitas on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:24 am

Hi Guys

Looks like there was a compiling error that slipped through into the build.
A new version has been uploaded, so refresh the page, and if it's still crashing, try clearing your cache.

If that doesn't work, let us know.

-Aeq
Aequitas
Site Admin

Postby hempsader on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:50 am

finaly unity crash fixed ty game is mega ultra awsome !!!!! definetly worth 20$
hempsader

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons