[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - New-ish player, help with a few questions please

New-ish player, help with a few questions please

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: New-ish player, help with a few questions please

Postby Zazu on Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:29 am

I am also new, have some questions, tried to make post, but 8 hours later it still didn't show up...

1. What is the burning debuff you get from the fireball spell and the fiery sword, what does it do?
2. What is the first ability for the thief? What does it mean by "new monster", one I didnt attack before?
Zazu

Postby Darvin on Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:11 pm

1) Each point of burning causes your fireball to deal 1 extra damage. Burning goes away if you attack another monster or attack the monster with a non-burning attack.

The burning effect used to be an item you could prepare, but the fireball glyph basically sucked and was never used without that item, so it just got folded into the effect of the glyph and the item was changed.

2) Yes, it means the first attack against each monster deals extra damage.
Darvin

Postby Froh on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:56 am

Hello, I'm glad to have preordered the alpha, and I don't regret it. I'm a new and pretty bad player atm (I can't even complete the puzzle with the pushing spell). Here are some questions (since the game is becoming hard really fast) :

- Are random dungeons doable with every combination of classes/race or do you need luck sometimes (without any preparations, and if you play really well) ?
- How do you usually kill the way highers levels than you (without them regenerating their whole life) ?
- Is there a way to do the 3 firsts maps again (for the completion). They disappeared so I don't know if we are able to get them later.
- When I have found the halfling. I just exited the dungeon, since I could not complete it, and the quest was done. Is this intended ?
- What does the exclamation marks on dungeons actually means (since others dungeons also have quests) ?
- Is there a way to download the alpha somewhere (I can only play on the website and didn't receive any download link with my order) ? Also, is there a way to play it offline ?
Last edited by Froh on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Froh

Postby gjaustin on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:11 pm

gjaustin

Postby zebramatt on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:14 am

zebramatt

Postby Froh on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:51 am

Indeed I read it and totally missed that part.
Froh

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons