[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Please remove "play desktop dungeons" link from play screen

Please remove "play desktop dungeons" link from play screen

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Please remove "play desktop dungeons" link from play scr

Postby q 3 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:30 pm

I just scroll the window down so that the game object is at the top of the browser and the web site's menu is offscreen. /touchpad user who still doesn't comprehend why there is no suicide prevention or at least confirmation
q 3

Postby Sythion on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:59 pm

Sythion

Postby gjaustin on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:21 pm

gjaustin

Postby Sythion on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:29 pm

Me either... until I reset while I was cleaning up after my win.

Not a big deal, I'm sure I would have suicided on a level 1 medusa because I didn't realize I was below half heath. ADHD kills people.
Sythion

Postby booooooze on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:08 am

booooooze

Postby harfatum on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:13 am

Maybe only suicide confirmation on enemies strong enough to one-shot you from full health.
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby Fran on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:32 pm

If there is going to be a suicide confirmation, just make it optional.
This should prove much easier to implement instead of assigning it to special cases and everyone can choose to use it or not so everyone should be happy.

I'd still like to see the link or at least its tooltip removed. Every time I tab around applications I accidently move over the link into the game window so the tooltip stays until I move out with the mouse again.
This happened every time I took a screenshot.
Fran

Postby xspeedballx on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:12 pm

If it is optional you should get a benefit for not using it. Even if it is just a "Iron Will" badge. Let's face it, as a switch it is an option that makes the game easier. You can be far less careful.
xspeedballx

Postby gjaustin on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:26 pm

gjaustin

Postby q 3 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:32 pm

Since randomly dying for reasons that are largely beyond your control is so fun, why not just implement a "death timer" that randomly kills you every 10,000 seconds or so. Just think, you're just about to take down the last wave of bosses in the arena when suddenly a giant skill pops up and maniacal laughter comes out your speakers and it's game over and there's nothing you could have done to prevent it! How thrilling! Or, oh, I know, maybe Desktop Dungeons should have quick time events! Instead of his normal one-time lifesteal, now when you reveal a vampire he starts rapidly draining your HP in real time, and you have to quickly click away from him before he kills you! Just don't click on a lava tile, because that will kill you, too! Fun fun fun!

Seriously, Desktop Dungeons is not an action game. I literally have no comprehension of why anyone likes the idea that you can very easily die merely as a result of poor hand-eye coordination, or even mere interface issues that are largely outside the player's control. Can someone explain the reasoning there to me?
q 3

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons