[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Noob Question

Noob Question

All things Desktop Dungeons

Noob Question

Postby Zazu on Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:45 pm

Two quick questions from stupid new player:

1. What does the "burning" debuff do? (the one that is caused by fireball and the fiery sword item)
2. The debuff that lowers resist (from those bandit mobs) does it go away when I level?
3. The thief character, his first ability boost damage on first attack against "any new monster" what the definition of new monster? (I do not see any difference when attacking with first strike).

Thank you
Zazu

Re: Noob Question

Postby dislekcia on Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:05 pm

1. Adds extra magical damage to subsequent attacks: Fireballs keep adding burning damage, normal attacks don't, unless you have burning strike. Yes, you can kill 2 enemies at the same time if you have a lot of burning on a low-health enemy and hit something else.

2. No.

3. The Thief gets a bonus for the first attack against any particular enemy. If you've already hit that enemy before, no bonus.
dislekcia

Postby q 3 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:44 pm

#2 there is a pretty interesting idea, though - make "Reduced Resistance" a debuff akin to Weakening or Corrosion. It wouldn't be cured by leveling up, but maybe fortitude/burn potions, Cleansing, etc. could cure (or at least reduce) it. And Crusaders could become immune to it. I don't think that would upset balance too much, it would improve the value of restorative items that are still kind of weak, and it would hopefully stop a lot of the whining about Bandits. ;)
q 3

Postby The Avatar on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:48 pm

Because right now, they are evil. Them, and the stupid steel golems.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:01 pm

The only one I have a problem with is Tomithy on Naga City. Totally a crap shoot as to whether you get him in the first wave (game over) or last wave (no problem).
Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:18 pm

gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:38 pm

Or be able to take the resist penalty. That's why I prefer the new alchemist scroll strats.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Murdus on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:24 am

I love the new Alchemist Scroll. The ONLY char I don't prep it for is either the Warlord, or the Vampire. Especially since Trisword now also uses ANY potion, dispel pots included. Just love it. Screw resist-reducing mobs, I dont need any in the first place!
Murdus

Return to Desktop Dungeons