[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - [POLL]What do you think about PISORF?

[POLL]What do you think about PISORF?

All things Desktop Dungeons

What do you think about PISORF?

It's OK right now, I can beat a vicious dungeon with PISORF!
5%
It might need a small buff.
58%
It needs a HUGE buff.
5%
Don't know; I never/rarely use it.
32%

Total votes : 19

[POLL]What do you think about PISORF?

Postby Gorgon on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:58 pm

In recent updates, PISORF received a nerf and BURNDEYRAZ became more useful. I haven't seen people talking about it, and In my oppinion it needs at least a small improvement. What do you think?
Gorgon

Re: [POLL]What do you think about PISORF?

Postby Darvin on Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:01 pm

Needs a small improvement. If the game had more ways to boost base attack, it would be fine (as the old strength potion exploit demonstrated), but right now it's largely relegated to Orc Wizards as a competitive glyph. It remains useful for fighting magic-resist bosses like Bleaty or as a utility glyph, but it's strictly sub-optimal to BURNDAYRAZ otherwise.
Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:14 pm

I think there should be a prep that allows you to both guarantee it's spawn AND start with it. That'll allow us to plan it as part of a strategy and therefore get a better idea how strong it really is.

While they're at it, I wouldn't mind the the other prep to work that way with BYCEPPS. At a minimum, it would be really good for Gorgons.
gjaustin

Postby Ara on Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:06 am

Beeing able to inflict damage against indestructible walls / edges of screen would be a welcome addition.

Let's say: 60% base damage against walls, a split 60% (30%/30%) when smashing another monster, and 30% against indestructible walls / edges of screen.

A stronger buff would make indestructible walls and edges of screen deal 60% too. Cons: this change would make PISORF ignores positionning which is an important part of DD gameplay. Pros: Sometimes the target can't be knocked against a destructible wall (or no more than once) and WEYTWUT is not a guaranteed glyph. (I would remove WONAFYT to slightly increase chances of having an interesting glyph, but that's another story :P).
Ara

Postby Lagmalix on Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:09 am

It was fun until they have nerfed strenght potion. Now it still has some uses but I really don't understand why they did it. I know it was an exploit but it wasn't game breaking or anything and the gameplay was so different.
Lagmalix

Postby The Avatar on Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:11 am

It could beat 2 or 3 Vicious dungeons, but so can a lot of strats...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:29 am

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:36 am

I think making it 100%, but making it cost 6 would be better. It is more powerful, yet more situational, than BURNDAYRAZ.

Comparison------------------------------PISORF-------------------------------BURNDAYRAZ
Damage----------More, but no permanent damage buffs------Less, more permanent buffs, and burning
Cost----------Equal, but lower able with Stone Heart------------Equal, not as easily lowered
Nicheness-------More niche, but broad enough to have good appeal----Never niche all-round glyph

Looks about equal to me.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby TigerKnee on Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:02 am

Great, I had 3 paragraphs typed out but I got logged out and it got wiped, let me just sum it up then.

1) For the purpose of just breaking walls, EndIsWal is probably superior because you don't have to wrangle monsters the way you want them.

2) There are more classes/items with percentage attack bonus vs base attack bonus. And then there are classes like Monk who have attack penalties so Pisorf will suck for them.

3) You practically need Weytwut to line up monsters correctly into walls.

4) Pisorf isn't a guranteed glyph. If you want to try to "abuse" something like Orc Wizard but Pisorf didn't spawn... then you're basically playing a gimped class for no good reason.
TigerKnee

Postby Gorgon on Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:01 pm

Here's a quick list of pros and cons:

PISORF:

Cons
-Lower damage/MP (not taking rock heart/orc into account)
-Depends completely on positioning/number of walls in dungeon
-Even if you push an enemy into a wall, it deals less damage/MP than BURNDAYRAZ, not taking burning into account.
-Hard to use

Pros
-Can easily remove death protections
-Physical damage
-Damage can be boosted with orc/base damage items
-MP cost can be "lowered" with Rock Heart

BURNDAYRAZ

Cons
-Damage and MP cost can't be modified easily

Pros
-More damage/MP
-Burning