[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Kingdom Renovators

Kingdom Renovators

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Kingdom Renovators

Postby The Avatar on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:04 pm

All your potions ? :(
Also, 20 DR? Wouldn't 15% resists be better?

Speaking of Debuffs, I think lower resists needs to become a debuff that's curable. You have officially wrecked resist strats. Everything does 15%. That's 40 piety from Dracul! Make it cure apon leveling up. PLEASE!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:08 pm

I still think the only serious issue in that regard is Tomithy on Naga City. Still, this is by far the nastiest status ailment and it makes acquiring a handful of small resistance boosts much less attractive since there are so many enemies that just steal them away.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:17 pm

It always gets me. I'll be a monk and kill a 2+ higher level bandit only to realize I don't have any res left...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Sidestepper on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:33 pm

Can't say I'm a fan of the new bandit. It seems unfair to have one of the basic monster types totally and permanently screw three of the classes but be completely toothless against everyone else.
Sidestepper

Postby gjaustin on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:46 pm

gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:52 pm

As a stand-alone boss, Tomithy is a push-over even with 100% down. He's only a problem as part of a lineup where you can't take him on last. The bandit boss has always been a practical joke of sorts in terms of just how ridiculously easy he is.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:08 pm

Yeah, I don't think there's much you can do to buff him... Unless he had router fireball, weakening, and corrosion in addition to what he already does. But that's not happening.

Can someone tell me how to post an image directly to a page? I have one for you guys...

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:12 pm

I kind of like the new "monk cant walk over stuff" metagame so far, 15% resists down does feel a bit ham-fisted, but I guess runaway resistance strategies are just that powerfull. I should know ^^

And about the pactmaker thing - i was trying to illustrate how just one powerfull boon off a god who gave exactly 2 ways to gain piety, way's which made most of his boons exclusive to one another, still had the god pegged as "best overall deity". GG doesn't really need both Humility AND enlightment. I guess with the way things are now they DID make them mutually exclusive as taking humility screws with your path to enlightment (lame pun?).

However, having a 100 piety boon on a deity that's not supposed to be a piety farm IS a bit of a problem, and it's probably THE reason GG got out of hand as he neded ways to let you earn a whole lot of piety on his own. Just saying. Again :)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:12 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:15 pm

Know thyself, and then bash yourself repeatedly. :D

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons