[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Kingdom Renovators

Kingdom Renovators

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Kingdom Renovators

Postby TigerKnee on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:08 pm

I remember when I suggested TT should give piety for picking up gold to give more reasons to convert to him early.

This is the evil version it seems.
TigerKnee

Postby Lujo on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:13 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Sidestepper on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:20 pm

On a constructive note, maybe piety gain should be related to how many inventory slots are full when fighting (higher level) monsters. After all, GG is supposed to be about self-reliance and growing stronger through hardship. Maybe if GG were reverted to his old ways, but he decreases his piety by some metric that scales with the number of slots filled?

EDIT: As long as I'm at it, I don't think that the burnt offering mechanic is going to work. Burning damage is typically in the ones. Attack damage ranges from the tens to lower hundreds. Setting up a successful burnt offering requires an inordinate amount of tile-counting and is flat out not fun.
Sidestepper

Postby Pax on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:33 pm

Great update! I like the new version of the UI!
Pax

Postby Summerwine on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:38 pm

In other news, the Church preparations don't affect the tower of Gaan Telet at all. Could you make it so that the extra random or guaranteed altar appears on the first floor? :(

In fact Gaan Telet seems pretty broken overall right now. Different floors can have the same altar as a previous floor. Just got a floor neatly divided in half by stumps on the troll/druid floor but nothing to break walls spawned in the tower.
Last edited by Summerwine on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Summerwine

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:03 pm

Played shifting passages. Ended up with an un-winnable and un-escapable solution. The walls closed off the exit into a 3 square space so I couldn't gracefully leave, and the rest of the dungeon was split into 2 walled off mazes, but they weren't connected, so I couldn't reach the boss with no endiswall spawn. (Pisorff was caught on the other side of the walls as well...)
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby Darvin on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:09 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:28 pm

I agree with the issue being tricky. As I've said, I wouldn't mind the old system if it didn't sort of optimize the already best and most proffitable way to play the game, and then reward you for it quite massively. TBH Enlightment benefits never really WERE worth the 100 piety, after hundreds of runs on a conversion optimized GG / TT only profile on the old broken resistance fighter profile, I sort of concluded that Absolution was frankly HUGE, especially for the piety cost.

It allowed an easy conversion letting you really use GG as a piety farm. And the way I think he was ment to be played words "piety farm" and "GG" were never ment to be in the same sentence. If Absolution cost more piety, and if there wasn't a 100 Piety boon on a deity dev's wanted dedicated worship on, he wouldn't really need his massive piety farm potential.

Killing higher lvl monsters allready gives you a large XP boost, and piety is sort of an "character upgrade curreny". Givin a lot of both for the same thing is a bad idea. Having two dirt cheap abilities that let you kill monsters A LOT higher than you, and then rewards you with MOAR XP and "character upgrade currency" is a really bad idea. I liked the theme, sure, but GG didn't really need another "enabler" besides Humility, especially as said enabler enabled tons of other stuff.

Alpha pactmaker was considered the universaly best god there and what did he have? Some exploration piety bonus and lvl up piety? What boons did he have? An expensive HP boost, and expensive Mana boost, Tiki's Edge sort of exclusive with an instant 5 (or was it 10?) XP boon and... something... A decent lvl up piety gain, reduced killing higher monsters piety gain, acknowledging GG as a minor piety farm and making his 3 great boons sort of exclusive by pricing Absolution quite a bit more, and pricing enlightment about the same with tweaks to their effects, would put him in the right spot, with item conversion piety gain enabling the piety needed for a switch.

Unless he gives massive piety for desecrations but noone found out yet, in which case, he is robably still quite borked.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:31 pm

Darvin

Postby q 3 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:41 pm

q 3

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons