[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Kingdom Renovators

Kingdom Renovators

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Kingdom Renovators

Postby subanark on Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:34 pm

Optimal play typically involves killing a bunch of high level monsters until you run out. Then clean up the low level monsters to put that extra level or 2 (possible midway fighting a boss). Your just moving GG from front loading to backloading play like TT, which is what I think the primary complaint is: he is too much like TT.
subanark

Postby Darvin on Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:47 pm

Darvin

Postby CznRhubarb on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:11 pm

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but if you convert out of Mystera after getting Mystical Balance, the effect no longer lasts. Converting back does not give the boon back either.
I hope it's a bug, because otherwise it is the only boon I know that does that.

... I was totally finally ready to get my third Vicious HoS victory too, until I realized that my Cydstepp had gone back up to 10 a piece. /sadface
Last edited by CznRhubarb on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CznRhubarb

Postby Fran on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:43 pm

I like the interface changes but would like to see the conversion bar having an other color tahn red to make it stand out more (orange if i was to decide).

Regarding gods, I don't really understand the recent design changes. I'm mostly with darwin on the matter, so i'll keep it short. I don't like the changes to GG or dracul and i'd appreciate if you focused more on earthmother and taurog to give them more flavor.
Where is the sense in taking humility when your god penalizes you for the consequences of his own boon? The concept of forcing the player to play in a specific style by worshipping the god is a great one, but this feels contradictory.

Regarding the vampire, instead of giving him 9 reduction for 120 piety, I'd rather see him gaining 1 level of lifesteal for some conversion rate in a similiar dimension instead.
So you're not dependent on dracul all the time. Because he's a vampire, you know, flavor and such.
This also helps from getting unbalanced in early levels as you have to raise your attack in order to use the lifesteal and have the sufficient amount of HP.
The way it is now you can search the map for glyphs to convert and can kill a lvl 5 meatman as the first monster to easily gain a couple of levels without any commitment.
Fran

Postby Gorgon on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:08 pm

Earthmother received some attention in the last update, but part of it wasn't put in the changelog. I've been using her since Vine Form became +4 HP and 1 DR.
Gorgon

Postby The Avatar on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:48 pm

Vamps don't need Drac. I have a faithless win in Gaan-Telet. And Avatar.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Fran on Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:10 pm

Fran

Postby The Avatar on Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:55 am

The 1 level is great! You get only high level till you reach level 10, and then every lower level wimp (which you should have a TON of) is 10 hp.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby booooooze on Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:01 am

booooooze

Postby gjaustin on Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:05 am

Ok, I really, really like the new Mystera.

I just beat Avatar using a Fireball strategy. As a Berserker!
gjaustin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons