[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Dragon Isles, Naga city and Halls of steal (Vicious)

Dragon Isles, Naga city and Halls of steal (Vicious)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Dragon Isles, Naga city and Halls of steal (Vicious)

Postby DEATHBOT on Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:34 am

I cant complete any of these dungeons even once!

Dragon Isles- almost completed with berserker, but lost to final dragon.

Naga city- Beat first 3 bosses but lost in the second round as a sorcerer.

H.O.S.- Got The Indomitable down to about 17 death protection layers as a sorcerer, didnt fight vampire boss at all.

So does anyone have any tips like what gods to worship, classes/races, when to fight bosses, etc.?
That would be great if anyone who has done these dungeons could tell me how.
DEATHBOT

Re: Dragon Isles, Naga city and Halls of steal (Vicious)

Postby Murdus on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:47 am

Do you have Whupaz? /thread

Alright, just to be less sarcastic, and actually helpful.

Try any of the following for Dragon Isles: Taurog Orc Berserker, JJ-into-Mystera Gnome Warlord (grab Soul Orb, somehow, and Trisword is now a godsend), Halfling Tri-sword Priest with chosen god of your choice. Having Weytwut and Lemisi helpsfor all strategies, as you can skip the guards, and just fight the Matron. Lemisi is not necessary, but helpful. Prepare Alchemist's Scroll.

Naga City: My first win was with an Orc Rogue, but all strats I know are outdated, seeing how you can't abuse GG anymore. Agnostic's Collar is a -huge- boon. Try a (you guessed it) Halfling Tri-sword Priest, with Alchemist's Scroll prep, or Dragon Shield.

Halls of Steel: Try Halfling Priest, with Alchemist's Scroll prep, and hope for a Trisword. Binlor is a HUGE boon, seeing how BOTH bosses deal magic damage. Grab any and all magic resist you can! Convert out from Binlor once you have acquired roughly 25-30% magic resist, and get Taurog or Dracul for some more free resistances. If you convert to Dracul, try and convert out ASAP after. Beat the crud out of Count BlahBlah first, and you should -easily- be able to tank all 50 lives of the Indominable, and even have health potions left.

ANY POTION WORKS FOR ALCHEMIST'S SCROLL AND TRISWORD, INCLUDING THE CRUMMY "DISPEL" POTIONS! Apothecary prep is a must.

Namtar's Lair: Repeat the mantra. Halfling tri-sword priest, Alchemist's Scroll prep. It'll be an absolute joke.

Demonic Library: Orc/Gnome Warlord, scum for JJ, then convert out to Mystra after having exactly 24 mana. I think its 24, anyway. Basically, at 24 mana, each mana pot restores 10 mana, which equals to a Cydstepp, 2 with Mystera. Alternatively, try the mantra.

Once you unlock the Vampire, every V. dungeon will be an absolute joke.
Last edited by Murdus on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Murdus

Postby DEATHBOT on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:54 am

DEATHBOT

Postby Murdus on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:57 am

Edited my reply. Sorry I couldnt help much with Naga City. It is a joke with the vampire atm, but I'm assuming you dont have the vampire yet.

I'll run a few dungeons, and see what can I cough up.
Murdus

Postby The Avatar on Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:28 pm

Use the alchemist scroll with a JJ (To boost health further) rogue. Now THAT, is an absolute joke. The start also works in every dungeon (Excluding VHoS and Gaan-Telet)
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Murdus on Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:13 pm

Murdus

Postby Sythion on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:10 pm

Halls of Steel was all about the fireball spam for me. I beat it with a wizard, a sorcerer, and an assassin. IMPORTANT: use mageplate. Remember that fireball gives 1 point of burning, so you can fireball the boss once, then hit something else and it will take off 2 lives.

Dragon Isles requires a bit of luck and trying to preserve resources... I found goblin assassin best for this, since once you hit level 10 everything on the map except the boss becomes free XP.

Naga City... Well...
Sythion

Postby DEATHBOT on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:54 am

DEATHBOT

Postby The Avatar on Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:17 pm

Well then you haven't played a Vampire... But that was a mistake by the devs.

Naga City's going to be tricky as the rogue. For mine I got Bleaty, Tower of Goo, and the Tormented One in one wave. Used my magic on Bleaty the physical on Tormented One. Chaos Avatar to level and then kill the both.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Sythion on Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:12 am

I think JJ is less ridiculous now that he doesn't give a free level.

With that BS out of the way, Goblins are probably going to become my favorite choice for most classes. Being able to save up levels to spend late game is just too powerful a tool, especially since it became that much more rare.

Worthless in Naga City though.
Sythion

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons