Preparations Should Be Free

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Preparations Should Be Free

Postby The Avatar on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:35 pm

You missed the corrosion plant subdungon. But I love the concept. And what's the druid grove one?
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:49 pm

And what's the druid grove one?

It's a fully-explored subdungeon with a druid sitting in the middle. If you talk to him, he gives you three options:

1) Pay me 5 gold
2) Pay me 20 gold
3) Pay me 35 gold

If you choose the 5 gold option, you are given the effect of IMAWAL and your next kill grants +50% XP. If you choose the 20 gold option, you gain a Tikki's Edge effect and every kill grants +1 XP. If you choose the 35 gold option, you are instantly granted level-up complete with full heal. Once you've chosen an effect, you cannot purchase a different one.

It's a potentially game-changing subdungeon that ranges from absolutely horrible to kick-ass depending on your needs. Since it's fully-explored, you get zero regeneration which is a killer in the best of circumstances. The low-cost option is largely worthless and inferior to the paltry 15 tiles you get from ying/yang, but the two higher pay-scale items can turn an entire dungeon run around.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:35 am

Sweet! I really like the idea of subdungeon preps. It is yet another way to reduce luck through preparations without being too specific.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons