Preparations Should Be Free

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Preparations Should Be Free

Postby The Avatar on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:35 pm

You missed the corrosion plant subdungon. But I love the concept. And what's the druid grove one?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:49 pm

And what's the druid grove one?

It's a fully-explored subdungeon with a druid sitting in the middle. If you talk to him, he gives you three options:

1) Pay me 5 gold
2) Pay me 20 gold
3) Pay me 35 gold

If you choose the 5 gold option, you are given the effect of IMAWAL and your next kill grants +50% XP. If you choose the 20 gold option, you gain a Tikki's Edge effect and every kill grants +1 XP. If you choose the 35 gold option, you are instantly granted level-up complete with full heal. Once you've chosen an effect, you cannot purchase a different one.

It's a potentially game-changing subdungeon that ranges from absolutely horrible to kick-ass depending on your needs. Since it's fully-explored, you get zero regeneration which is a killer in the best of circumstances. The low-cost option is largely worthless and inferior to the paltry 15 tiles you get from ying/yang, but the two higher pay-scale items can turn an entire dungeon run around.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:35 am

Sweet! I really like the idea of subdungeon preps. It is yet another way to reduce luck through preparations without being too specific.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons