[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Gauntlet and Animated Armours

Gauntlet and Animated Armours

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Gauntlet and Animated Armours

Postby gjaustin on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:11 pm

gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:28 pm

First hit is a gimme, second hit is only worth taking if it pushes you to a potion threshold (a multiple of 5).
Darvin

Postby Invain on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:12 am

The floor is absurdly difficult, you could as well put a set % chance to die while descending the stairs :|
Invain

Postby Lujo on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:59 pm

Knockback mace, resistances and a bit of strategy used to do them in quite easily for me, again, with bandits being more of a problematic floor all things considered. And lugging a knockback mace around just for them was a bit of a pain, but that's ussually the most grief they ever caused me.

However, I'm still for a general AA nerf. And I was the one that argued that there should be an AA floor in Gaan'Telet - but only as a joke that that would've made it litterally impossible. Turns out resists were still stronger, what do you know... Shame I don't have screenies because of the crashes...

Now that I think about it, all my Gaan'Telet runs were done with only GG and JJ available and every time I scummed for Soul Orb so I basicaly had no say in the rest of my gear. There could be tons of ways to do it with all god's unlocked.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Killdozer on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:57 am

The bigger issue with getting AA's on the later floors is having to climb all the way back up to the top to lifesteal your popcorn. It's doable, but unbelievably tedious. I decided it wasn't worth it after about ten minutes of running back and forth, personally.
Killdozer

Postby The Avatar on Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:00 am

Just remove the floor devs. Please! We can still win, and all it does is annoy the he'll out if people.

Also, do you really need both a bandit AND a slime blob floor? Just remove one of those.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:43 pm

I vote remove the bandit floor, honestly. since they lost Mana Burn, as long as Horatio has mana burn - he's the only thing that does, and I feel incredibly stupid for having to lug Soul Orb around just for that. If we lose both the bandit floor and the AA floor, a proper Wraith floor and a whatever floor would be nice.

Also, I find the currnet "wraith" floor, the one with blinking wratih variants, incredibly annoying. From the "deny ppl" exploration space its entirely and thourougly sucessfull, but if you beat it once, you'll most probably just exlplore it and kill the creeps with little/no difficulty.

Also, the illusion floor is fine as a resting floor/breather, but i feel kind of like they aren't monsters at all. Does anyone ever fight them? Also if you fing them as your first or second flor, you can get a huge amount of bonus XP from one click, but lose out on patches. What do ppl think about that one?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:15 pm

I kinda like it. Although once I got it as my last floor and had to fight 3 illusions. No fun. I do think they should only give you half exp for destroying them via orb.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Ara on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:11 pm

The illusion level is way too random. Once I had to kill 3 illusions to reach the orb. It ended my run. Another time, I got the orb right next to me on first floor and went from level 1 to 10 (I was looking for an altar).
Ara

Postby The Avatar on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:25 pm

I think that they shouldn't give the Gaan-Telet illusions weakening, but you get no exp for destroying them. No destroying your run, but no exp.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons