Silent Update?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Silent Update?

Postby Joist on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:39 am

The Avatar wrote:Oh. Missed the lower levels part. I haven't had too much trouble, I just pop whupaz on the avatar, and I can usually fireball him to death.

Whupaz are on short supply in purist runs :D

Darvin wrote:I think he's talking about Demonic Library, while you're talking about Dragon Isles. :lol:

Both actually, doesn't the Avatar have 50% magic resist?
Joist

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:42 am

Ah! I was unaware you were attempting purist. In that case you'll have to scum for the piercing wand.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Joist on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:57 am

Oh, yeah purist. Library, Isles and VHoS are all cakewalks with preparations.

Sucks about the wand though, I don't think I can be bothered scumming that much.
Joist

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:00 am

Try non-purist Naga City. I'm interested to see how it turns out.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Joist on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:28 am

The Avatar wrote:Try non-purist Naga City. I'm interested to see how it turns out.

Well. It turns out well. :)

First run I was very close but got useless stuff up top. Only thing worth buying was fire sword and no good gods, or even any gods to piety farm. I still managed to down 8 of the bosses. http://i.imgur.com/whZ2d.png

Second run I got BLUDTOPOWAH (woot), farmed 100 piety with binlor up top, then swapped to TT and got poison, dodge and even a couple of XP bumps just for the gold, got 100 more piety, bought fire sword again (Useful, not sure if necessary though, the burning stacks don't get high when you take bosses out in 5-10 shots). Descended, converted to MA, got my boons, killed a boss, transmuted the trophy, converted to TT, swapped out all my health pots, converted back to MA, then back to TT then to dracul but I never used him. Still had a consensus in the bag.

edit: Actually I did use dracul, I bought 15% resist off him letting me take a hit from the warlock boss, since I converted APHEELSIK I needed a way to poison him.

edit2: Oh yeah, trophy + transmutation scroll + bet on boss = practically infinite gold. You can go spam happy with TT piety and the crystal ball.

Joist

Postby Darvin on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:54 am

First run I was very close but got useless stuff up top.

You so could have won that! Desecrate Binlor to convert to Dracul then use Blood Swell to kill the Golem there. After refreshing yourself with some exploration, the Naga Prince should have been child's play for your assassin there.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:03 am

Fran wrote:The real challenge propably lies in getting the medal for having every monster killed on the vicious dungeons.
And by that, I mean not by (ab)using the assassin, of course.

In a sense, you're actually making the game easier by using all ressources only on the bosses when you think about it.

YES! :) Yes! :) Yes! :)

Oh, thank god people are finally discussing this all over the place :)
Lujo

Postby Joist on Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:58 am

Darvin wrote:You so could have won that! Desecrate Binlor to convert to Dracul then use Blood Swell to kill the Golem there. After refreshing yourself with some exploration, the Naga Prince should have been child's play for your assassin there.

Well, darn. I need to practise my god shenanigans more :D

Not too long ago I wouldn't take any god except taurog or binlor ;)

In the second game I converted all my health pots and I only used two of the mana pots to finish off the boss. If I was paying attention at the end I could have done some god shuffling instead and gotten the "feeling parched" badge.
Joist

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:34 pm

Wait, so you went into the arena at level 1? Congratulations!

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Joist on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:19 am

The Avatar wrote:Wait, so you went into the arena at level 1? Congratulations!

No, that'd be crazy. I did kill everything on the top level and went down at about level 8.
Joist

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons