[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Return of the Unofficial Suggestions Thread

Return of the Unofficial Suggestions Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Return of the Unofficial Suggestions Thread

Postby gjaustin on Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:03 pm

I'd definitely love a boon sound effect too. Selecting Body Pact inevitably leads to me one or more moments of panic when it triggers and I wonder what I did wrong.
gjaustin

Postby harfatum on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:07 pm

It'd be even slicker if each god had their own boon sound effect.
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby Darvin on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:31 pm

That might get confusing, unless the difference were only slight.

That said, the game still does have a considerable amount of filler content. The shield and dragonshield are just palette swaps, as are the really big sword and vampiric sword, or the bloody sigil and avatar's symbol.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:19 pm

Namtar's Ward and the orb of lusory are pallet swaps too. Have you ever noticed, on the tabs, it doesn't show the correct color for the items? Namtar's ward is yellow and green in the tab.

I don't think gods having different boon noises would be too confusing. You just make it obvious that it pertains to the certain god. Make GG's the classic angelic choir thing (that sort of Hah or Ah), Binlor's a mining or building noise, a sort of iron on rock clang, Draculs... Err... something that sounds bloody? Cultists chanting? MA's can be something that sounds relatively magical, I guess, The Pactamker would either be silence or something mysterious, TT's would be something playful or tricky, EM's would be a natural sound, like the vary first opening to LOTR/the shire theme, JJ's some confusing cacophony of sound, and Taurog's some explosive, destructive fiery sound. Of course these would all be 2-3 seconds.

While some of that seems kind of obvious (at least to me), but I'll put it out there anyways.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Bloggorus on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:46 pm

Race upgrades anyone? Those pesky 'lvl 1's next to all the race names make me want to spend gold...

Could we have a population metagame, or just have different options for what kind of race we want?

You could have...

- a human noble born with a silver spoon (and an actual spoon that's worth lots 'o cash and conversion points)

- a gentleman orc who starts with a pisorf and less health at the start of the game

- a hobbit halfling with increased conversion ratio in exchange for a halpmeh at start and a health to mana buff

- a nomad halfling with lowered conversion ratio, but health potions take up large slots (but are still stackable)

- a wild elf that starts with +1 damage and +1 mana cost for fireballs.

- a deep dwarf that scouts in the dark by one square, for increased conversion ratio or a starting nerf (could be unbalanced, this one)

The sorts of things that encourage using different strategies outside the obvious- there could even be little dynamically generated quests for them, forcing you to win a round with them before they become available for widespread use.

I understand the devs not wanting to up the complexity factor and risk breaking the game though...
Bloggorus

Postby dislekcia on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:08 am

dislekcia

Postby Fran on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:17 am

What does the word feature contain exactly?
No more new quests/items?
Fran

Postby Bloggorus on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:18 am

Wow I feel a little bit star struck...

I think new features might be the kind of grand additions I was waffling on about. There's probably more balance changes on the way.

But preset load outs would be awesome for when the game comes out for real. I learned some of the advanced strategies from using random load outs or from arcane suggestions on these forums, usually about what gear someone took.
Bloggorus

Postby The Avatar on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:16 pm

Features mean any sort of new content. Balance changes are what we're getting these days, although hopefully they'll throw us some more quests and items from time to time.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:03 pm

gjaustin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons