[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Return of the Unofficial Suggestions Thread

Return of the Unofficial Suggestions Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Return of the Unofficial Suggestions Thread

Postby Fran on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:33 pm

Fran

Postby Darvin on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:45 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:52 pm

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Fran on Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:10 pm

This should definitely be a boss in a new subdungeon. :D
Fran

Postby The Avatar on Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:43 pm

Sir Edgar von BLAURAGHAGRGHAGHAGHAGHAHGH.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Fran on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:55 pm

And there should be an option where he surrenders for full exp when you give him a spoon from your inventory for his tea :D
Fran

Postby The Avatar on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:03 pm

Now that's just flat out hilarious. And broken.

I think he let's you enter his treasure hoard for a spoon, because every Orcish gentlemen needs his tea time.

The Avatar

Postby Bloggorus on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:43 am

:O

That is exactly, EXACTLY what I pictured when it was thought up.

THAT IS AMAZING. PLEASE GO IN GAME
Bloggorus

Postby unentschieden on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:46 pm

A newcommers stupid opinions:
Classes: Fighter: The XP bonus is great. The monster detection is misleading, equal or lowermonsters isn´t what you should be looking for early on, maybe switch it to boosterdetection? Deathprotection is neat but looks so very poor next to the Warlord. Newcommers are likely to simply waste it and feel bad about it (I know I did).
Thief: Great in theory again but stupid newbies are likely to waste the oneshot bonus and have to abort due to inexperience. What if it always worked but only against 100% HP enemies?
Bloodmage: BLUDTOPOWA just seems out of place on him, it´s a potentionally very strong Glyph just not on him.
No real issues with the other classes.

Glyphs: WONAFYT might better if it pulled undiscovered enemies first, that would differentiate it from WEYTWUT. LEMMISI, PISORF and BLUDTOPOWA could use puzzles dedicated to them like GETINDARE. The PISORF puzzle is really more a "I wish I had BURNDAYRAZ instead". There is knocking into walls but no real usage of it´s advantages over BURNDAYRAZ. Make us TRY to use it but fail, like in the killorder one. That puzzle is also misleading regarding WEYTWUT, it´s never used to get to an unreachable area but to "save" Popcorn. Let us kill and get past the Zombie but the fail because we´d have needed the bonus XP.

Kingdom progression: There are a few kinks imho, more unlocks via quests and tweaked kingdomgoldeconomy (aka avoid the far to quick progression from grinding for unlocks -> more gold than you could ever use). Vicious dungeons feel like postgame content and should be unlocked after horatio, if only so the "You win message" makes more sense (I didn´t ever enter the demonic libary before horatio). The complicated tasks questline is a pain for how important the rewards are. The "Elite" items could also be introduced via quest rather than as somewhat confusing and RNG provoking preperation. Harder dungeons and/or better performance don´t offer higher rewards outside of oneshot quests and badges.

Preperations: A comboissue with kingdom gold in that being cheap or focused on improving your winrate (not dieing or aborting) is meaningless. Why guarrantee an altar with a hefty drawback if the onemore already give 4 out of 9 odds to get what you need?
unentschieden

Postby The Avatar on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:30 pm

Wow. Those were not stupid newcomer thoughts. I agree on all accounts.

I think quests should be ranked from easy to hard, with a different colors for each flag type.
Type -- Color -- Quest Example
Really Easy -- White Flag -- City Expansion
Easy -- Green Flag -- Hard Rock
Normal -- Yellow Flag -- Ick!
Hard -- Red Flag -- Way of the Open Fist part 2 and 3
Vicious -- Black Flag -- Snakes! SNAAAKES!!!

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons