[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Rate the Vicious Dungeons!

Rate the Vicious Dungeons!

All things Desktop Dungeons

What's Your Favorite Vicious Dungeon?

Demonic Library
26%
Namtar's Lair
26%
Dragon Isles
5%
Naga City
32%
Vicious Halls of Steel
5%
Vicious Gaan-Telet
5%

Total votes : 19

Rate the Vicious Dungeons!

Postby The Avatar on Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:16 pm

I'm interested on what Vicious dungeons people enjoy the most, so please vote and post a list if you have the time!

Here's my ranking:
1. Demonic Library (Overall fun concept, unique, and no way to win every time. Requires varied strategies.)
2. Namtar's Lair (God this dungeon is hellish, but awesome)
3. Naga City (Interesting, as it cuts you off before any bosses, therefore it makes you think up interesting strats)
4. Dragon Isles (A serious pain to level up in, with the awful enemy set. Get's REALLY annoying after awhile)
5. Vicious Halls of Steel (Unless they add Vicious versions to Shifting Passages, Ick Swamp, and The Labyrinth, this dungeon sticks out like a sore thumb. Not unique, and there is no extra reward.)
6. Vicious Gaan-Telet (Fun at first, but I'm sick of going through 9 floors only to be thwarted by AA's doing 238 damage. And it takes an hour just to get there.)
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Re: Rate the Vicious Dungeons!

Postby gjaustin on Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:32 pm

Despite originally hating it, I actually really like Naga City now. Having access to all the altars and having to really conserve resources make it an interesting challenge.

Overall, my rankings are:

1) Naga City
2) Namtar's Lair (Top-side feels like a fair Hard dungeon. It's the underworld that makes it exciting and Vicious.
3) Dragon Isles (The first Vicious dungeon I beat)
4) Demonic Library (Five bosses feels a little excessive)
12) Vicious Halls of Steel (50 death protections? Really?)
1,074,236) Vicious Gaan-Telet ($*%^&% Animated Armors)
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:38 pm

The top side in Namtar's Lair does not feel like a hard dungeon, IMO. 168 damage, 50% magic res, 444 hp, corrosion, and weakening. That's harder than every Hard dungeon in itself by FAR. Not counting the 123 damage, 50% physical resist, 444 hp, poison, and mana burn counterpart.

As for Demonic Library, the thing about the five bosses is they all have a tiny amount of hp (Excluding the 444 one). I fireball them or mp CYDSTEPP them to death at level 4.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Lagmalix on Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:11 pm

We should probably have two separate rankings, so everyone can rate them in terms of enjoyment and overall difficulty.
Here's my ranking, enjoyment/difficulty, where 1 is the most fun and the easiest 5 hardest.

1/1 Demonic Library. By far the easiest dungeon. The bosses have fixed positions and drop gold which allows you to buy out everything at shops (so many extra CP points). There are some obvious fodder enemies like goats and imp which makes it even easier. This dungeon is pretty much an instant win for a crystal ball user. The only boss you might have a problem with is the one deflecting the fireballs but even than you should be able to find some nice altar/item combos to take him down since there are so many (JJ, GG, EM - use ENTAGLE + fireball and repeat, Dracul, even TT helps a bit).

2/4 Namtar's Lair. Haven't played too much mostly cause I'm too lazy to write down/remember all the debuffs you get but I think it's quite hard.

3/broken Vicious HoS. I kinda like it but with 50 death protections it's obviously very unbalanced and basically forces you to play as a berserk or a fireball user, so it defiantly needs a fix.

4/5 Dragon Isles. Hardest non-broken vicious dungeon by far. Hard to level up, hard to explore and the first boss is really tough.

5/2 Naga City. Quite easy to level up and not that hard assuming you know the boons well but I just don't like it.

na/na Vicious Gaan-Telet - Obviously broken.
Lagmalix

Postby Gorgon on Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:22 pm

Gorgon

Postby The Avatar on Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:26 pm

This thread is about enjoyment not difficulty. The difficulty usually ties in to the enjoyment anyways, so what the heck. But yeah, Dragon Isles is definitely the hardest directional vicious, though Namtar comes REALLY close. I think Demonic Library and Naga City are the two Vicious dungeons that shouldn't be tweaked. They are still much harder than Hard levels, but now that hard has been nerfed, vicious should be too. Something like taking the resistances off the first two forms of Namtar, or lowering those form's attack to reasonable amounts (90-105, and then 112-120). As for dragon isles, they need to weaken the guards and elites a little bit, and add "player friendly" enemies, while removing some of the harsher offenders (AA's, Goo Blobs?). And perhaps less walls in both. Of course, I'm for a full removal of VHoS, and large changes to Gaan-Telet.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:29 pm

Gaan-Telet and VHoS are both disappointing in terms of enjoyability. The other four are all great in their own way, so my vote is for poor neglected Dragon Isles.

I'd like the Indomitable to go back to 50 death protection and the second boss removed on HHoS now that we have double-hit potential from burning. Sneak a hint sign into the subdungeon on dealing with death protection.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:41 pm

I'd prefer removal, as it sticks out. Either that or make a vicious version of every level right before a vicious dungeon.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:12 pm

Sorry if it wasn't clear, I'm saying remove VHoS and take HHoS indomitable up to 50 layers of death protection and then remove the second boss on that level.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:18 pm

Then HHoS would be extremely hard. 50 protections seems a bit cruel for a Hard dungeon, even with burning tricks. I mean Rex is weaker than the extra boss, Evolvia is about as hard as the other boss, Itsssama sucks if you can lower his resists, and the current Indomitable is weaker than a level 10 AA. Overall, the unique bosses are either as hard or weaker than the extra boss. Even the other ones like Zin Kibaru, the brothers, and Stheno. Sure all of them need a buff, but 50 seems overkill. Perhaps 25 protections, extra hp for most of them (especially Rex so he's not so suceptable to fireballs, and Evolvia so you are forced to shuffle through more effects)

The Avatar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons