[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Rate the Vicious Dungeons!

Rate the Vicious Dungeons!

All things Desktop Dungeons

What's Your Favorite Vicious Dungeon?

Demonic Library
26%
Namtar's Lair
26%
Dragon Isles
5%
Naga City
32%
Vicious Halls of Steel
5%
Vicious Gaan-Telet
5%

Total votes : 19

Re: Rate the Vicious Dungeons!

Postby Bloggorus on Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:45 am

Avatar broke the game; what a great beta tester!

Lujo, if you missed out on the multiple cues about level catapulting during the tutorial and first quests, i think you are assuming your experience was the same as everyone else's. There's even a badge for catapulting at the start of the game, and one for reaching level 10. One leads to the other, and I see no reason why a new player would not develop naturally towards the conservation of resources required by Vicious.
Bloggorus

Postby Lujo on Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:10 am

-.- (shakes head in disbilef)

I don't mind level catapulting as such. Jesus. But if I can get from level say 1 to level say any by using just a few monsters then there's an issue there. Either that or too many monster level tiers. If you don't really need more than 5-7 gorgons or goats in any given level to complete it, and it's the most optimal strat, WHY ARE THERE OTHER MONSTERS THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE?

The way it is/was if you never ever put a monster besides a goat or gorgon in a dungeon, and reduce the number of monsters in a dungeon to whatever number of goats and gorgons you need (which is very little), everyone would be PRO in a matter of an afternoon! Why is this so hard to grasp?

The devs pretty much said so in the into to todays patch: people are spending way to much early game on exploration rather than playing the game intuitively - this means they go look for the few things that are needed in a level, and those are often really a few, and then stomp on everything. I do this every time, enter a dungeon, if its vicious look for the only monster I can kill, if its not look for the only type of monster I HAVE TO kill...

I really don't think I have to argue any of this further. Really.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Joist on Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:27 am

Here you go Lujo.

prep JJ + strength, no scumming.

Not sure on which side of this issue I stand though.
Joist

Postby Darvin on Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:46 am

The one-shot-wonder Crusader is such a unique character build. I love it ^_^

That said, you'd be much better off with Orc than Human, since Crusader's attack bonus is already through the roof.
Darvin

Postby Joist on Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:59 am

Are you sure about that? This build doesn't go hard on conversions, you'll get maybe 500-600 points.
Joist

Postby Bloggorus on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:34 am

Bloggorus

Postby Gorgon on Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:47 pm

Gorgon

Postby Darvin on Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:36 pm

Darvin

Postby Joist on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:44 pm

Very neat.

I still think that, in this particular situation, the human beats out the orc. I was prepping JJ to hit 22 mana and bringing the tri-sword which ended up at +18. Also I didn't use all 4 strength potions at once, just 3.

Human: (2.5 + 0.6) * (5 + 22 * 3 + 18) = 275
Orc: (2.5) * (5 + 22 * 3 + 18 + 15) = 260
Joist

Postby Darvin on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:23 pm

So for all that effort to boost your base attack to ridiculous levels, and the human still just barely exceeds the Orc. My point still stands in a realistic sense: there's no reason to pick human over orc. Once your strength potions are exhausted, the Orc will be significantly stronger on subsequent (and preceding) attacks, and the actual advantage of the human on your one-hit-wonder is actually not very large despite all the optimization.

Of course, this does raise an interesting point with the current bugged strength potion. It seems that humans may just have the upper hand over Orcs on this one.
Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons