gjaustin wrote:Good job! I only have a few comments to add:
1) You shouldn't enter the sub-dungeon unless you're injured. If you enter at full health, you waste tiles.
2) That sub-dungeon is actually the blood fountain one. It'll fully heal you when you drink from it.
3) The best use for WEYTWHUT is to teleport all the low level monsters to the center of the map. Slowed monsters give 1 extra XP, which gives you more resources for the boss fight.
4) Pactmaker is the best deity, since Body Pact is amazing. Your best bet would have been to worship Earthmother, use Plantation to get a bunch of piety, and then take Body Pact. The extra resistances would have been great. Alternatively, the first boon (Overheal and Might on level up) is amazing too.
1. Good point, I completely forgot that in that run. I'm usually aware of it when I prep smuggler's.
2. I'll have to remember that, I tend not to experiment with new things in the middle of runs so I probably would never have found out.
3. Ah yes. If you look I WEYTWUT'd a level 1 vamp to an inobtrusive location for future consumption. I was using dark tiles to fuel my fireballs though and was worried about running out.
4. Wow, body pact is amazing. Using Binlor as a farm this just got me the furthest I've been through Purist-Monk-Ick-Swamp. I got stuck around level 6 though, the only thing you can really attack is gorgons
Btw, does "damage reduction" cover magic damage? Vine form might be an option in Ick if it does.
CznRhubarb wrote:The sub dungeon you're thinking of (with the goats) has a broken altar in the center of it and is more brown colored. The thing about that one (that I also didn't understand until I read somewhere) is that they give piety when you kill them. I am pretty sure they are all non-experience as well.
How much piety, do you know? 1 per level of the goat?
Edit: Oh I forgot about increasing boon costs. Vine form soon gets less useful and harder to afford.
Edit edit: Holy Shit! I was doing an Ick run and taking screenshots to ask for some pointers but somehow I actually managed to complete it. Even with quite a few mistakes on my part. The winning combo was pactmaster for body pact + JJ for piety farm + HALPMEH for heals. I had high DR but low life so the heals were amazingly effective. Writing it up