[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Constructive Criticism Playthroughs

Constructive Criticism Playthroughs

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Constructive Criticism Playthroughs

Postby The Avatar on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:05 pm

1. You use up all your tiles, corroding the boss as much as possible.
2. Use Yendor.
3. Fireball the boss as much as you can.
4. Assassinate monsters till you level up
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until the firstborn dies.
6. Level up to level 10
7. Assassinate the matron's guards.
8. Fireball the Matron to death.

Either Elf, MA, Crystal Ball, or Gnome, JJ, Crystal Ball.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Joist on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:47 pm

Pretty sweet. Got to the matron fine (even with Patches throwing a fit and mana burning me 3 times >.>) but couldn't get past the 50% magic resist.
Joist

Postby gjaustin on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:06 pm

gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:13 pm

Yeah, but this breaks it.

For you Assassin run, did you get a Crystal Ball or Piercing Wand (assuming you're a MA elf)? Those usually win it for you.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Joist on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:44 pm

Joist

Postby Darvin on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:36 pm

That's the thing about "random", you can get a string of good luck or bad luck. In my first Dragon Isles run as a rogue, I was a long ways away from killing the Matron and I had run out of resources. So I decided to see how many dodges I could go (I had taken TT's dodging boon, so I had a 30% chance). I dodged, then I dodged again, then I dodged again, then I dodged again, then I dodged again, then I dodged again. I was now two hits from killing the Matron. If I dodged one more time, I'd have her on the first strike. It took a lot of guts to do it, but I clicked, and I dodged. Seven dodges in a row, right at the moment of truth.

I've actually seen enough weird "runs" in some instances that I'm seriously questioning their RNG. For instance, I've had Lord Gobb resist poison eight times in a row before (he has 20% magic resistance), and I've seen golems resist poison up to 12 times in a row more than once before (50% magic resist there). Unfortunately, that's the the thing about random, it's hard to tell if there's a problem with the RNG because improbable stuff does happen randomly, and I've certainly played enough for improbable stuff to occur just out of sheer random luck.
Darvin

Postby Joist on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:53 pm

I know I know :)

I just really hate depending on luck. I've stopped prepping patches because I get annoyed by random unlucky events. The worst for me was 3 mana burn levels in a row playing with a wizard which is a lot considering all his other abilities.
Joist

Postby The Avatar on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:29 am

The RNG is broken. I seem to get HUGE strings of things. It's something like every time it happens their is an extra chance it will happen again. It pisses the hell out of me.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:41 am

Darvin

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons