Desura support?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Desura support?

Postby Recs on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:23 am

I played the free version and find it really nice. I'm thinking about buying the full game, but I was wondering about the possibility of it going on Desura other than Steam (I use both, but Desura is on linux too which is a big plus for me).

Are there any chances of using that platform as well and would a key be included in a beta preorder?

Thanks for your work, I really enjoyed the game so far.
Recs

Re: Desura support?

Postby Darvin on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:54 pm

Well, as to Linux specifically (from the FAQ):

Q: Will you make an iPhone/Android/PC/Mac/BlackBerry/Croissant/Hobo/Linux version of the game?
A: PC/Mac, web, iPhone and Android: Yes! Everything else, no. Unless Unity starts supporting baked goods as a platform.
Darvin

Postby dislekcia on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:20 am

Recs wrote:I played the free version and find it really nice. I'm thinking about buying the full game, but I was wondering about the possibility of it going on Desura other than Steam (I use both, but Desura is on linux too which is a big plus for me).

Are there any chances of using that platform as well and would a key be included in a beta preorder?

Thanks for your work, I really enjoyed the game so far.

Right now we can't do a Linux build because Unity doesn't support Linux yet. So there would be no point in us looking for platforms that are Linux-based. That said, we have made contact with Desura in the past and if we do distribute on them and they support giving away codes, then we'll offer the option to redeem your pre-order on there OR Steam, but not both.

I haven't spent much time chasing other platforms, focusing on getting the game closer to done.
dislekcia

Postby Recs on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:24 am

Thanks for the answer.

I'll keep an eye on future developments.

edit: by the way, Desura isn't linux based, it supports both windows and linux. actually the linux support is pretty new.
Recs

Postby dislekcia on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:01 am

Recs wrote:Thanks for the answer.

I'll keep an eye on future developments.

edit: by the way, Desura isn't linux based, it supports both windows and linux. actually the linux support is pretty new.

I know. But seeing as your major reason for advocating them was the fact that they're on Linux, I felt I needed to explain that Linux support isn't something we have just yet. We will have it as soon as Unity does though.
dislekcia

Return to Desktop Dungeons