All things Desktop Dungeons
It may be that I am just not far enough in the game, but it the economy in this game basically pointless. I have just finished the first hard dungeon and I have 4000 GP. The number seems pretty steady, and I have nothing left to buy since most of my buildings are level 3. Can they be further upgraded? If so, how? It certainly feels like I have piles of money and nothing to do woth it.
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:14 pm
1. There is a huge difference between the hard dungeons and the vicious ones, so if you are not knowledgeable enough you will lose a lot of gold trying to do one of those.
2. Some quests used to be much harder and very unbalanced (Complicated Tasks pt 6 anyone?) to the point they were a huge gold sink. Even with a perfect knowledge of a proper strategy it required ~10 runs to make it.
This is still beta, so I'm sure the devs will make some tweaks once they are done with more important stuff.
- Posts: 62
- Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:11 pm
Also, your economy will crash, and preparations will be hard to afford. You'll see...
I speak chaos.
- Posts: 4456
- Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:52 pm
- Location: Demonic Library
Some people never have serious troubles with the economy, others never seem to be able to build up any large cash buffer. Of couse, it's all about cash flow. If your cash flow averages significantly positive, you'll just start building up a treasury and never look back. It doesn't take a huge difference in player skill/experience to do this.
- Posts: 4321
- Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:44 am
Return to Desktop Dungeons
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Tinker, Yahoo [Bot] and 12 guests