Any tips on Monks?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Any tips on Monks?

Postby antoniodamala on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:42 pm

I've been trying to finish the den of danger with monk for some time now, and seems pretty impossible so far. Even though i have already finished it with every other class (except for paladin cause i still don't have him), i always retire in the middle of the dungeon when i'm playing with a monk 'cause nothing seems to work out. So, is there any tips?
antoniodamala

Re: Any tips on Monks?

Postby gjaustin on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:09 pm

antoniodamala wrote:I've been trying to finish the den of danger with monk for some time now, and seems pretty impossible so far. Even though i have already finished it with every other class (except for paladin cause i still don't have him), i always retire in the middle of the dungeon when i'm playing with a monk 'cause nothing seems to work out. So, is there any tips?

Sure, Monk is actually a pretty strong class, he's just one of the harder classes to learn (at least after the nerfs).

The trick is to abuse his improved regen and resistances. Hit a higher level monster (that deals physical damage) until the next hit will kill you. Then explore until you're almost back to full health. Unless you picked too high/strong of a monster it should not be back to full health. Repeat until it dies and you get massive bonus experience.

Your best choice for the Monk is to play as an Orc and bring a Sensation Stone (available to the west at Havendale Bridge) from your locker. If you don't have both of them, a Human with Fine Sword will be good enough for Normal/Hard dungeons. Whurgarbl can also be amazing for a Monk if there are Meatmen in the level, since you can build up some pretty massive stacks of burning.
gjaustin

Re: Any tips on Monks?

Postby antoniodamala on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:04 pm

I'll try that, thanks. :)
antoniodamala

Return to Desktop Dungeons